real time web analytics
Report - - Car Graveyard, Grodzisk Mazowiecki (Poland), January 2014 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Car Graveyard, Grodzisk Mazowiecki (Poland), January 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

2wid

ratamahatta
28DL Full Member
Decaying plot of land in a village in nearby Warsaw. It's one of the biggest old vehicle graveyards in Europe, currently after an Idiot Box feature very run down and vandalized.

History: Cars belonged to Tadeusz Tabencki who was a high rank Ministry of Transport official and an officer of Ministry of National Security, during Polish PRL times. Tadeusz acquired most of his toys in not particularly legal way, he was using his position to appropriate the vehicles after the car registration law changed. In it's heyday his collection consisted of about 300 cars and 200 motorcycles. When Polish collector, until today surrounded by many rumors died (quite ironically in 1989), his family completely abandoned the vehicles and left it to rot as they were, unsecured, most of them standing outside on bare ground behind a basic fence.

I'm not a big car fan, but from what i read online, you can find here models like: Porsche, Buick, Matra, Alfa Romeo, Lancia, also few discontinued Polish cars i.e. Warsaw or Syrena.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg
11.jpg

12.jpg