real time web analytics
Report - - Castleford, Normanton General Hospital - West Yorkshire - March 2017 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Castleford, Normanton General Hospital - West Yorkshire - March 2017

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

UrbanBloodyBear

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
History and bits of info:
Castleford, Normanton and District Hospital was founded in 1928. Post 1948 saw it as a Geriatric hospital then it become a General hospital there after. In 1993 the hospital gained its Trust from Pinderfields and Pontefract Hospitals NHS Trust and remained until its closure in 2017.

Mid Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust has given notice that it plans to move its services out of the site, to other locations in the district. South West Yorkshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust, which provides community and mental health services and which owns the hospital, is now reviewing its use of the site with conclusion of Demolition and plans approved for 100 houses to be erected on the site.

Pics:

aCASH-001d73e5.jpg

aCASH-002f269b.jpg

aCASH-003ff022.jpg

aCASH-004c7de6.jpg

aCASH-00554810.jpg

aCASH-0066859d.jpg

aCASH-0073a8b4.jpg

aCASH-0088a424.jpg

aCASH-009ebefb.jpg

aCASH-0103edc6.jpg

aCASH-011d4695.jpg

aCASH-012aedd0.jpg

aCASH-013f58c9.jpg

aCASH-01427993.jpg

aCASH-015353ac.jpg

aCASH-0162788b.jpg

aCASH-017d6f7a.jpg

aCASH-018b7861.jpg

aCASH-0191d0cf.jpg

aCASH-0200faff.jpg

aCASH-02178b94.jpg

aCASH-0228333e.jpg

aCASH-0239e474.jpg

aCASH-02486d07.jpg

aCASH-025e87e6.jpg

aCASH-026bc6dc.jpg

aCASH-027e94b0.jpg

aCASH-02859343.jpg

aCASH-029f260f.jpg

aCASH-0301681b.jpg

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
No disrespect to your exploring skillzzzz or snaps, but is this what we have to look forward to in the future for hospital closures...? The first two pics were like "yep" and the rest were like "sigh". They didn't even have the courtesy to let the 70's decor mature!

UrbanBloodyBear

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
No disrespect to your exploring skillzzzz or snaps, but is this what we have to look forward to in the future for hospital closures...? The first two pics were like "yep" and the rest were like "sigh". They didn't even have the courtesy to let the 70's decor mature!

None taken mate. I know what your saying and I myself love the decay, its better that way when its natural, I just got told it wont be around to see that happen though unfortunately, and I kind of put myself in the though I would rather photograph it fresh than in a week or two when the kids have been at it smashing it up or worse burning it.

S3XY SP3X

28DL Member
28DL Member
I went here last weekend and it didn't go well at all the security uses a pedal bike to circle the perimeter and is stationed inside the hospital we opened the door to be greeted by a raging psycho. Bless him he suffered from small man syndrome.

Urban Spectre

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I went here last weekend and it didn't go well at all the security uses a pedal bike to circle the perimeter and is stationed inside the hospital we opened the door to be greeted by a raging psycho. Bless him he suffered from small man syndrome.
I've been up a couple of times for a nosey. Looks like there is more than one security guard inside and a guard with a dog outside. Also Looked like there was also somebody fitting alarms / cctv on Monday. I don't think I'll be risking it. Think I'll stick to deserted sites.

weezdeez

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Some great angles there, without ruining the post by trying to be too arty. Love the key shot.

S3XY SP3X

28DL Member
28DL Member
I've been up a couple of times for a nosey. Looks like there is more than one security guard inside and a guard with a dog outside. Also Looked like there was also somebody fitting alarms / cctv on Monday. I don't think I'll be risking it. Think I'll stick to deserted sites.
yeah every door is now alarmed and the only door that is open to walk into is the main door and security are right behind it and he rides around the building and grounds. This place was clear for a few days of it being abandoned now its a no go area haha.