real time web analytics
Report - - Castleleigh Day Centre - Northwich - May 2016 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Castleleigh Day Centre - Northwich - May 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

keat_expo

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Castleleigh day centre was a centre for adults with disabilities. I am unsure of when the place was opened but it closed due to not having enough funding. A news article from 2006 said that only £352,000 has been offered in capital funding for personal social services - which works out at only £35,200 to maintain the county's 10 day centres, including Castleleigh.
Since it's closure it has been listed as a possible gypsy traveller site and there have been plans to build houses on the site. However nothing has been done with the site yet and the local youths have taken advantage of the place - trashing it to bits, don't think there's an intact window in the whole place. We were disappointed at how trashed the place was (not surprised though as it's right in the middle of a housing estate) but i can't complain as it was a quick and easy explore.
IMG_0638_zps95rqp707.jpg

Exterior

We made our way in to the building by the swimming pool (door wide open as you can see ;) )
IMG_0592_zpsazlftawx.jpg

IMG_0588_zpskucm1nlj.jpg

Going into the main hall/canteen
IMG_0596_zps90tg7la7.jpg

IMG_0598_zps5ayvc8kh.jpg

sponge and custard please :thumb
IMG_0602_zpskak0tbih.jpg

IMG_0605_zpslo0dpe9w.jpg

Onto the classrooms... not very exciting
IMG_0630_zpswbr7v8ba.jpg

IMG_0619_zpshymrry7q.jpg

Possibly a science room
IMG_0614_zps85qzeual.jpg

IMG_0632_zps4kboeiyu.jpg

Staff room
IMG_0627_zpszquodmhy.jpg

This was pretty fun to have a go on :p
IMG_0639_zpsfrmsq2x8.jpg

There were loads of classrooms but they were all empty and trashed so i'll leave it at that. Thanks for reading.

350cewild

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ahh no you got some good shots for the state it's in. I guess you can't except anything else from that neck of the woods and I'm born and bread lol ;)

keat_expo

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I hadn't either until a friend told me about. I explore with a couple of friends

EmmaUrbEx

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Castleleigh day centre was a centre for adults with disabilities. I am unsure of when the place was opened but it closed due to not having enough funding. A news article from 2006 said that only £352,000 has been offered in capital funding for personal social services - which works out at only £35,200 to maintain the county's 10 day centres, including Castleleigh.
Since it's closure it has been listed as a possible gypsy traveller site and there have been plans to build houses on the site. However nothing has been done with the site yet and the local youths have taken advantage of the place - trashing it to bits, don't think there's an intact window in the whole place. We were disappointed at how trashed the place was (not surprised though as it's right in the middle of a housing estate) but i can't complain as it was a quick and easy explore.
IMG_0638_zps95rqp707.jpg

Exterior

We made our way in to the building by the swimming pool (door wide open as you can see ;) )
IMG_0592_zpsazlftawx.jpg

IMG_0588_zpskucm1nlj.jpg

Going into the main hall/canteen
IMG_0596_zps90tg7la7.jpg

IMG_0598_zps5ayvc8kh.jpg

sponge and custard please :thumb
IMG_0602_zpskak0tbih.jpg

IMG_0605_zpslo0dpe9w.jpg

Onto the classrooms... not very exciting
IMG_0630_zpswbr7v8ba.jpg

IMG_0619_zpshymrry7q.jpg

Possibly a science room
IMG_0614_zps85qzeual.jpg

IMG_0632_zps4kboeiyu.jpg

Staff room
IMG_0627_zpszquodmhy.jpg

This was pretty fun to have a go on :p
IMG_0639_zpsfrmsq2x8.jpg

There were loads of classrooms but they were all empty and trashed so i'll leave it at that. Thanks for reading.

Hi, is this building still there? or been knocked down now?
Thanks