Web
Analytics
Report - - Cellars Clough Mills Huddersfield August 2012 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Cellars Clough Mills Huddersfield August 2012



Wakey lad

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
#1
History stolen

The woollen mill was owned by Samuel Firth of Gatehead in Marsden, and opened in 1888. He also owned Holme Mill. By the 1960s, it was owned and run by Fisher, Firth & Co. which became Cellars Clough Woollen Mills Ltd, managed by another Firth son, in 1981. The company has now been dissolved.

Situated just off the Huddersfield Narrow Canal, the mill’s pond is now a very popular fishing spot. Planning permission was granted for the conversion of the mills and former offices to 101 dwelling units, 9 live/work units, a resident’s gym, pool, shop, meeting room, bike store, car park and improvements to the access road.

Previous planning applications have been unsuccessful as bats were found to be residing in the mill. The bats weren’t forcibly removed, so the hope was that they would eventually choose the ‘improved accommodation’ for themselves.

7859711722_0cea36cb8c_c.jpg


7859693608_eab3ab81bd_c.jpg


7859701272_c35b05aed1_c.jpg


7859696050_31596f0598_c.jpg


7859698106_f1d3ac8d35.jpg
7859691506_b4dc8d0da6.jpg


7859680002_f276271bd5_c.jpg


7859682454_443da686b3_c.jpg


7859686594_809d517c98_c.jpg


7859706562_0cc0fbd717.jpg
7859704174_77837d9b60.jpg


7859684432_5c2fc4bdfd_c.jpg


7859689374_1064e21d43_c.jpg


7859672126_dc8624d1c8_c.jpg


As always, thanks for looking​
 

Similar threads