real time web analytics
Report - - Cement Works, Shoreham 15/11/08 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Cement Works, Shoreham 15/11/08

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

coyote

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
So here it is, my first report.

I know its been done lots before but its close and interesting so I thought I would give it a go. Left it a bit late in the day to head over and it was a bit of a trek to the entry point. I dont know how most people get in but I doubt it was the same way as us!

We mostly stayed up the top near the crusher buildings and didnt venture into the main buildings due to rapidly failing light but that just means more for another day!

The site is obviously in use with a few new diggers and what looks like metal stairs and ducting round the side of the main building. There is also that nice new security fence (hence the trek) and what looks like a security hut just inside the gate which was lit up on our way back though there was no sign of anyone on site whilst we were there.

Anyway a good introduction I think. Will deffinately be back again to have a crack at the main section.

Hope you like the photos! Sorry if its a bit heavy

Approach
SG200570Small.jpg

Crusher buildings
SG200612Small.jpg

Inside crusher buildings
SG200621Small.jpg

Some sort of recording intrument
SG200620Small.jpg

Bender
SG200623Small.jpg

Inside the crusher room
SG200636Small.jpg

Inside the crusher room
SG200648Small.jpg

Crusher control
SG200644Small.jpg

Covered Conveyor
SG200649Small.jpg

Waste Drum (there were quite a few of these, some with a nasty looking liquid oozing out)
SG200666Small.jpg

Discarded Goggles
SG200671Small.jpg

Reflected Chimney
SG200624Small.jpg

(not sure what the back edging is, my RAW converter seems to be adding it)

Cheers for looking!

Who has read this thread (Total: 3) View details