real time web analytics
Report - - Cerebos Food Factory, Greatham, Hartlepool Nov 08 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Cerebos Food Factory, Greatham, Hartlepool Nov 08

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

xm657

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Not the first report from here, but possibly one of the last as the demo team are now very much in evidence. Lots of history in previous reports, suffice to say Greatham was originally built to extract underground salt, but evolved into a factory for making various canned foods and curry powders, finally closing in the early 00'ies.

Access was easy but we got the impression we hit lucky while security had turned up for work late or something. Bulldozers were parked up and lots of stuff had changed since the last visit.

Here are my shots in no particular order

IMG_1789.jpg

This is inside the overpass in the previous photo, a great shortcut for access!
IMG_3706.jpg

IMG_3710.jpg

A great deal of the interior is completely stripped
IMG_3717.jpg

However bits and pieces remain
IMG_3650.jpg

IMG_3657.jpg

Many rooms have the classic flakey paintwork
IMG_3694.jpg

The office buildings were more or less complete, photocopiers, type writers etc all in good order
IMG_3675.jpg

Fragments of the equipment left behind
IMG_3663.jpg

IMG_3661.jpg

IMG_3639.jpg

Some of the names on the board seemed very familier! XM discretely added in the bottom left corner.
IMG_3643.jpg

Wish the cleaners at my place dressed and looked like the one on the right
IMG_3686.jpg

Staff canteen
IMG_3679.jpg

The corner of the largest drive in freezer I've ever seen, this is one of the massive air con units.
IMG_3689.jpg

Distribution warehouse
Pan.jpg

Random
IMG_3703.jpg

IMG_3702.jpg

IMG_3690.jpg

IMG_3653.jpg

A massive site and loads to see, if you havn't seen it yet, hurry up, looks like its going soon.