real time web analytics
Report - - Chateau Le Quesnel - aka Chateau Secession - France - April 2016 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Chateau Le Quesnel - aka Chateau Secession - France - April 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Paradox

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Chateau Le Quesnel (aka Chateau Secession) France - April 2016

I know, I know, I saw your eyes roll at the sight of yet another Urbex tourbus Chateau Secession report with the same bit of history and same old pics! But Ive not posted anything here for a while and thought fuck it, there are still less reports on this than there are on Cameltoeland!!

For those of you who know me, most of my time in France is spent grubbing around either in the Catas or various other quarries or mines, so to actually be above ground was a bit of a novelty and a first for me.

The plans for this trip changed so many times I lost track of what we were and weren't doing. Chateau Secession was mentioned and we thought it would be a nice little bimble on the way back to the ferry - if time allowed. What you have to realise here, is that us actually managing to see this is something of an epic feat, simply for the fact that we never make it back to Calais in time and inevitably miss our designated ferry and have to be bumped on to the later one! So to not only make our original ferry and have time to stop off and see this on the way is one hell of an achievement for us! ;)

After a cracking weekend in Paris visiting a few mines, spending time in the Catas and having probably had around a total of 6 hours sleep over the whole weekend, it was nice to not be rushing back last minute and having time to have a chilled out mooch here.

This trips limo crew consisted of me, @Bigjobs , AndyJ UK, @Motionless Escapes and his missus, @The Kwan , The Riddlers and @merryprankster.

History (Well as good as I can make out from the unfathomable source available!)

The chateau was owned by the Knightly family of Quesnel in the twelfth century, there appears to be a couple more owners before the lordship fell to Jean Le Fevre Lord in Ponthieu in the sixteenth century. At the end of the century Renee Le Fevre de Caumartin married Jerome Le Maistre Bellejamme, who was the advisor to the Parliament of Paris. Their son Louis Le Maistre, achieved Lordship of Quesnel in 1637. His son Jerome Picard forsook the land to the Parliament of Paris and his grandson Henri-Louis, whom was also an advisor of Parliament got rid of Quesnel in the early 1700s. It is also noted that in 1636 the castle suffered looting committed by the Imperialists.

The property was purchased by Jean Fort, who married Married Marie Damiens, daughter of Bartholomew, Lord of Acheux. It was after his death in 1751 that his son Jean-Baptiste built the foundation of the present chateau. Dated 1753 the chateau was built from white stone with animated chain crosswalls across the central front building. The angles of the side pavilions were elegant and this was reflected in the curved path of the outbuildings enclosing the courtyard.

In 1806 marie-Charlotte Fort Quesnel married Alexander Viscount Blin de Bourdon and their son Charles settled in Quesnel and transformed the chateau in 1853. In the west he carved key windows, and unfortunately compromised the balance of facades by adding a second floor which was loaded with large skylights, balustrades and arms created by the Duthoit Brothers. He also retraced the park into a presentable landscape.

In 1914, during the war, the village of Quesnel was fortunate enough to be away from the front lines, however this did not prevent the chateau being occupied. On 31 August 1914, the chateau was occupied by the Germans, it was damaged by bombings and ransacked by the troops.

After the war Viscount Bourdon Blin restored the chateau and gave it to his daughter the Countess of Lussac. After the Second World War the property remained uninhabited and was sold in 1985.

Today the chateau is deserted and is in poor condition. Its current owner is a lawyer whose practice is in Paris.

So anyway here are a few pics that you will all have seen before in one report or another (just a little cropped by comparison as I dont have a wide angle lens) but I had fun and I don't care :p

26633729316_331f9ca3a3_h.jpg

26594762931_be5262bfff_h.jpg

26566950702_9eae3fdf16_h.jpg

26566950302_8b91b00b10_h.jpg

26056234003_b9f8ef35df_h.jpg

26387028190_6a7634e453_h.jpg

26056233553_cd01be0e7d_h.jpg

26387027510_9dc10f7a42_h.jpg

26056231463_9a76ec49ec_h.jpg

26387025030_c08111e31c_h.jpg

26056229963_a4d9cffb46_h.jpg

26056228073_042789ea20_h.jpg

26387019600_b87cb98899_h.jpg

26054671684_7c96ad428f_h.jpg

26054671034_ca0a084871_h.jpg

26056222853_395185dbec_h.jpg

26056221433_0603e0ff6a_h.jpg

26566946012_fd22cb3346_h.jpg

26387014510_c13d08eb52_h.jpg

26056217193_441e32af49_h.jpg

Last edited:

The Kwan

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I really enjoyed seeing this place Hils, you took some superb photos but this is the money shot for me, I love this :thumb
26056228073_042789ea20_h.jpg

Paradox

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thanks peeps :) did feel a bit oh god here is another report on it but much appreciate your comments n likes :D

mva

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Very surprised to see you go into PRIVATE PROPERTIES. THIS IS TRESPASSING; WHICH RIGHT HAVE YOU TO DO THAT ?????????????
IF THERE NOW ARE ROBBERS IN THERE, YOUR RESPONSABILITY IS CLEAR, BECAUSE YOU GIVE IDEAS AS THE FOTOS ARE IN WWW
WHAT YOUR ANSWER ABOUT THAT ??
Inacceptable what you do !
if the property is in bad state, not your problem
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

ZerO81

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Very surprised to see you go into PRIVATE PROPERTIES. THIS IS TRESPASSING; WHICH RIGHT HAVE YOU TO DO THAT ?????????????
IF THERE NOW ARE ROBBERS IN THERE, YOUR RESPONSABILITY IS CLEAR, BECAUSE YOU GIVE IDEAS AS THE FOTOS ARE IN WWW
WHAT YOUR ANSWER ABOUT THAT ??
Inacceptable what you do !
if the property is in bad state, not your problem
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, there is no need to shout is there.

Who exactly are you then in relation to this property?

Rather than getting all aggressive with someone who has visited this place, if you have any control over the place, maybe your time would be better spent securing the property correctly, rather than having a go at people.

mva

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This is incredible, you go into private property - and seem to have no problem with that.
No, I am not the owner, I live in the neighbourhood
and ask again : what is your right to enter private proprieties, even if derelict ?
"visited" would be allright, if you were allowed to go into there. But you are not !
And how do you find out these places ?

Now, there is no need to shout is there.

Who exactly are you then in relation to this property?

Rather than getting all aggressive with someone who has visited this place, if you have any control over the place, maybe your time would be better spent securing the property correctly, rather than having a go at people.

ZerO81

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ahh.. So you just live in the area... so this has nothing to do with you then.

Why sign up to this forum with an attitude like this if you are just a curtain twitcher.

I could understand if you had some vested interest in the place, but even so, the original advice would stand that improving security measures would be more beneficial than having a go at people.

I have no idea about the trespass laws in France, but if they are anything like the UK then the OP has done nothing illegal in visiting.

mva

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
"I have no idea about the trespass laws in France"
funny ! When you are in France, you should know what the laws are in this country ! And keep to them

You may ban me from the site, I told you what I wanted to say, because I am concerned with respect of the laws, if you don't.

Ahh.. So you just live in the area... so this has nothing to do with you then.

Why sign up to this forum with an attitude like this if you are just a curtain twitcher.

I could understand if you had some vested interest in the place, but even so, the original advice would stand that improving security measures would be more beneficial than having a go at people.

I have no idea about the trespass laws in France, but if they are anything like the UK then the OP has done nothing illegal in visiting.

ZerO81

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I have never been to France and have no plans to do so, which is why I stated I don't know the laws there.

If I did intend to go, then I would find them out so that I would be a lot more informed of things than you appear to be.

I explore in the UK and as such know exactly what is and what is not within the law.

Why not inform me of the laws, if you are that concerned about them I'm sure you know them well.

I am still waiting for you to actually say something worthwhile and explain why exactly you are so bothered about someone else's house...

mva

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
and the people who did the photos, did they know about the law here ?

I have never been to France and have no plans to do so, which is why I stated I don't know the laws there.

If I did intend to go, then I would find them out so that I would be a lot more informed of things than you appear to be.

I explore in the UK and as such know exactly what is and what is not within the law.

Why not inform me of the laws, if you are that concerned about them I'm sure you know them well.

I am still waiting for you to actually say something worthwhile and explain why exactly you are so bothered about someone else's house...

ZerO81

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I have no intention of speaking about what someone else knows or does not know as it is for them to be responsible for, i am sure the OP will come along here at some point and tell us if they are aware of the laws or not.

I refer back to my previous questions again....

1.) Please advise us of the laws of Trespass in France, as you seem to be some sort of authority on them
2.) Why does it bother you so much that someone has gone into a property that has nothing to do with you?

mva

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
simple answer : when you are in foreign places, in other countries than yours, you enquire FIRST about legal problems, not afterwards. It is your problem to enquire about that, esp. if you put photos on the www.

You don't seem to be aware you can't do anything in other countries. When I go to UK, I inform myself about laws.

-
I have no intention of speaking about what someone else knows or does not know as it is for them to be responsible for, i am sure the OP will come along here at some point and tell us if they are aware of the laws or not.

I refer back to my previous questions again....

1.) Please advise us of the laws of Trespass in France, as you seem to be some sort of authority on them
2.) Why does it bother you so much that someone has gone into a property that has nothing to do with you?

ZerO81

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ahh, I think i understand you a bit more, you appear to have a limited reading ability and seem to be under the impression that this is my report....so to clarify ...... This is not my report...... and let me refer you back to what i said earlier in the thread, as you seem to have missed that and are randomly accusing once again:-

I am still awaiting you providing me with details of the trespass laws in France which you are aware of and why you are so concerned about someone else's property.