real time web analytics
Report - - Chateau Noisy, Belgium, August 2011 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Chateau Noisy, Belgium, August 2011

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Weeble

Having a blonde moment
28DL Full Member
Visited with Catullus.
We expected an easy, quiet explore (seeing as this place is in the middle of nowhere), but that's not what we got!
There were cars, vans, and a TV crew. There were people out the front who looked like they were putting up lighting. There was even a fake graveyard with freshly dug graves. So we spent our time there attempting to be quiet and stealthy (which was difficult as I had a horrible cough). Our exit from the site was also humorous as it involved me sliding down a steep bank on my arse.

Some history:

Chateau Miranda, also known as Chateau Noisy, was built in 1866 by the English architect Milner under commission from the Liedekerke-Beaufort family, who had left their previous home, Vêves Castle, during the French Revolution.

Their descendants remained in occupation until World War II, when it was taken over by the National Railway Company of Belgium (NMBS) as an orphanage. It remained a facility for the use of children until 1980.

It has stood empty since 1991. Although the municipality of Celles has offered to take it over, the family has refused, and the enormous building is now in a derelict state.

Photos:

31742598.jpg

a28f8330.jpg

ccef8890.jpg

721576fc.jpg

bf9100ee.jpg

40d23e41.jpg

5fed84ff.jpg

1f156554.jpg

f92b27a8.jpg

0f28abcc.jpg

8bdb3364.jpg