real time web analytics
Report - - City Church Leeds, June 19 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - City Church Leeds, June 19

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

UrbanDoll

28DL Regular User
Regular User
History

Finding history on this place has proven to be extremely difficult!

City Church Leeds is a grade II listed building (also known as Ashwood Hall). It is an imposing former Congregational Church Designed and built in 1865 by Cuthbert Broderick, Architect and Builder of Leeds Town Hall. The design has interesting internal features the first being that the architect took the slope of the land to create 2 main levels the lower one forming some classrooms and ancillary space whilst the upper one, accessed from a flight of steps, contains the liturgical/church hall space. Unusually, the columns do not support the usual stone arches but carry a vast, complex, timber roof structure.

It was last sold in 2015 but nothing has happened with the church since then. It is now up for sale or lease again.

Explore

I’ve known about this church for a long time but never checked it out. So, decided to have a look with @Esoteric Eric . Currently to my knowledge the work has stopped but it seems to have been started to create a type of showroom.

Anyhow enjoy!

1 Church.jpg

2 church.jpg

IMG_0432-HDR.jpg

View attachment

IMG_0443-HDR.jpg

IMG_0444-HDR.jpg

IMG_0462.jpg

IMG_0466.jpg

Yorrick

A fellow of infinite jest
28DL Full Member
Another beauty and rather special. Again though, do you have any more pics?

UrbanDoll

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Another beauty and rather special. Again though, do you have any more pics?

Thanks,

Didn’t shoot under on the other floor as it was an absolute mess I assume this is where they started the work. Full of polystyrene blocks and knocked down walls. I’ve a few more pics I can add to the comments if you’d like?