real time web analytics
Report - - Clayton analine-Manchester-25/8/7 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Clayton analine-Manchester-25/8/7

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

R

romanian1

Also known as ciba geigy as per Lawrences report.

Visited with saul-son and Lawrence after much pestering from lawrence.:D

At the age 21, French chemist Charles Dreyfus arrived in Manchester from his home town of Alsace in 1869.

And 140-years later, his legacy lives on in the city. Today, the company he set up at the age of 28 with a group of friends, is one of the leading chemical firms in the north west.

Clayton Analine began life manufacturing dye stuffs beside the Ashton Canal in 1876. By the turn of the 20th century, the company was exporting across Europe and the US.

In 1911, Clayton Analine was bought by Swiss company Ciba. This was Ciba's first UK manufacturing base and has continued to the present day.

A fantastic site for lovers of modern industrial with more pipes, boilers and gauges than you can shake a stick at and two chimneys to boot plus the remains of an even earlier one.

Light was fading as we arrived so we did two buildings and elected to go back at a later date.

DSCF7103.jpg

DSCF7104.jpg

Bah, wonder what this used to be?
DSCF7107.jpg

DSCF7109.jpg

DSCF7110.jpg

DSCF7117.jpg

Radioactive sources, cool, i just wanted to go in there before, now i REALLY wanna go in.:D
DSCF7119.jpg

DSCF7131.jpg

DSCF7146.jpg

DSCF7155.jpg

DSCF7157.jpg

DSCF7166.jpg

DSCF7176.jpg

DSCF7185.jpg

DSCF7193.jpg

DSCF7178.jpg

Rayman66666

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I used to work here until it closed its doors. Absolutely amazing place to work!!! And I got so much money redundancy too!! The pic you wondered what it was, it used to be the ice plant !! I’ll try and put some of my pics on