real time web analytics
Report - - Clywd Alloys, Coed Talon, Flintshire (April 2023) | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Clywd Alloys, Coed Talon, Flintshire (April 2023)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

AGONY225

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hey, this is my first report on record (my first was deleted) and my first solo explore! Started off pretty bad since I forgot my attachment for my tripod so you will have to forgive me for the lack of indoor machinery shots, I couldn't get a non blurry photo! however I am happy with what I managed to capture with this limitation. It's a pretty sketchy site; you can be walking and suddenly hear large rooms underneath you that make you question your safety since there is decay in every crevice of the site, however for photos this place is more than worth visiting!
Covered previously by mookster: Report - - Clywd Alloys, Coed Talon September 2020 | Industrial Sites

History: "The site was originally Gem Brick & Tile Works until it was wound up in 1901, it then became Alyn Brick & Terracotta Company. The chimney, built by Ephram Jones, was added in 1911 but by 1916 the plant had closed once more, and was refitted as a silica works for Colin Stewart Ltd. This particular venture lasted until 1959 and after that it was bought by Clywd Alloys for use as a foundry for the reclamation of scrap metals. It closed for good in 2002 and although plans for housing on site have been mooted, nothing has stuck and it's still here eighteen years on." - mookster 2020

I will add that a large fire ravaged the site in 2018 and you can find the news article here: Debris came 'raining down like snow' when fire tore through disused brickworks

DSCF0821.jpg

Site of the fire that occurred in 2018

DSCF0808.jpg

DSCF0801.jpg

Just across the site from the fire was a skatepark? I was pretty surprised how clean these 2 warehouses were and it's obvious they are being used often.

DSCF0788.jpg

My favourite shot from the entire day, can't express how hard being tripod-less made it.

DSCF0774-2.jpg

DSCF0735.jpg

DSCF0712.jpg

DSCF0751.jpg

DSCF0756.jpg

DSCF0778.jpg

dansgas1000

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I love this place and was a pleasant surprise for me when I visited. You did a really good job without your tripod, luckily it was a bright day for you so I suppose that helped with shutter speed and ISO etc. I agree this place is definitely a bit of a death trap!

AGONY225

28DL Member
28DL Member
I love this place and was a pleasant surprise for me when I visited. You did a really good job without your tripod, luckily it was a bright day for you so I suppose that helped with shutter speed and ISO etc. I agree this place is definitely a bit of a death trap!
I was definitely lucky with the weather it was a perfect day; I usually go for high aperture long exposures for that extra quality but without a tripod it's impossible. There's a place by the firesite where I was walking on roofing and it definitely felt like there was nothing underneath me, I wouldn't be surprised if someone got hurt here sooner or later.

dansgas1000

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I was definitely lucky with the weather it was a perfect day; I usually go for high aperture long exposures for that extra quality but without a tripod it's impossible. There's a place by the firesite where I was walking on roofing and it definitely felt like there was nothing underneath me, I wouldn't be surprised if someone got hurt here sooner or later.
Yeah exactly the same as me most of the time. It's just impossible without a tripod ain't it! It is dodgy there, your report has made me want to revisit though as I haven't actually taken the camera to that one

dietcrime

28DL Member
28DL Member
Havent been here for years! used to have some BMX stuff too back 10 years ago, my family home is very close. Great report