real time web analytics
Concrete Ships | New Members Introduction | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Concrete Ships

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Thecretefleet

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Where I live now, there’s a strange looking ship in the middle of our Marina. After a bit of research I discovered that it was the last surviving, floating British concrete ship built during WW1…I discovered that she was part of a sizeable fleet and curiosity got the better of me. Two years and 160000 words later, I have chronicled ‘The Life & Times of The Crete Fleet’, in total 73 ships that were launched between 1918 and 1920. I ran out of ships to research so my latest project are the Ferro-concrete Barges of WW2…I’m here to offer what I know and I hope to find out things that I don’t…

F5C830AD-079A-4F3B-A47C-340B3F39A4B9.jpeg

Wastelandr

Goes where the Buddleia grows
Regular User
Interesting! Only ever knew about the WW2 ferro-concrete barges of which I've photographed a few. These WW1 ships are quite impressive

Thecretefleet

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Interesting! Only ever knew about the WW2 ferro-concrete barges of which I've photographed a few. These WW1 ships are quite impressive
I finished my research on the British WW1 concrete ships - it’s a tome of 160,000 words. So now I am doing the WW2 FCBS. If you have photos that you’re willing to share, they could feature on my website if you wish?