real time web analytics
Report - - Copperstone Leasing, Birmingham, July 2014 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Copperstone Leasing, Birmingham, July 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

catbalou

off the wall
Regular User
Copperstone Leasing, Birmingham, July 2014​

I haven’t the slightest idea on the history of this place… as it wasn’t on the cards initially to explore, but a heads-up from Dweeb about it when I was in the area at the time, It would have been a shame not to pay a visit. One door had a sign on it and after a bit of googling about, I was able to find out that a company called Copperstone Leasing Services once frequented the building… registered as a company in 1990… however the company has since dissolved… and Ive no idea on what other companies in the building were.

4 Storeys high, lots of nooks and crannies to peer into, staircases and wallpaper galore…. This is the kind of place that got me into exploring to begin with more than two decades ago. It was just a shame about the gung-ho pigeons that seriously did seem to come out of every ceiling space and cupboard and aim straight for me. I do apologise to the baby pigeons, as my language was not appropriate for youngsters, but rather comical for any passers-by early that morning who may have glanced upwards to see me flailing my arms around trying to shoo them away.

No externals unfortunately, and photos are not great, as the area had a couple of…let’s say.. “undesirables” hovering about outside, so since being in on my own, it was more of a whirlwind runabout the place snapping away, before making a swift exit... but, its something different to report on anyway!

aaa087_zpse375c376.jpg

aaa082_zpsea3f646a.jpg

aaa088_zpsb89e4dd8.jpg

aaa076_zpse2e6d0fe.jpg

aaa081_zps687e3ce2.jpg

aaa080_zps23d48016.jpg

aaa061_zps1442ad9e.jpg

aaa058_zpsa678a5cf.jpg

aaa079_zps6d65846b.jpg

aaa077_zps5b486241.jpg

aaa075_zps2f382bee.jpg

aaa073_zps583df961.jpg

aaa072_zps398e28a4.jpg

aaa068_zpsb7b274a3.jpg

aaa064_zps82d7938b.jpg

aaa062_zpsfc64566f.jpg

aaa059_zpse8494142.jpg

Last edited:

Sed

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Re: Dweeb's "Retro Paper" House, Birmingham, July 2014

I do apologise to the baby pigeons, as my language was not appropriate for youngsters,

And you should be apologising too! Baby pigeons are very impressionable and shouldn't be learning rude words from you!!

Nice explore anyway - I love the title, and the peeling stripable wallpaper! Every time I wallpaper (rarely) it takes me ages to get the old stuff off - this place would be a doddle to re-paper!!

:thumb

Deredoer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Wallpaper,mmmmm that's what I deal in. my company sells vintage wallpaper, am it allowed to say Vintage Wallpaper Online - WELCOME
I sell old retro wallpaper to film company's.
That's one nice looking wall pal.
Well done for getting out there,I me a bit to old for it now.

dave

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Love these sort of places where you can have a good mooch about full of character nicely captured there.

Kaplan

Procrastinator
28DL Full Member

Looks like a nice little derp this, cat :thumb

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User

Did you not find the hidden stairs??

The building appeared to have been used as a jewelers originally and the part up the hidden stairs was probably the best preserved bit from that era. The loft was absolutely full of abandoned jewelry making tools too which was fun to rummage through. Slightly more recently than that it had been used as a gentlemens club (were talking 1950s/60s real gents club, not a strip joint) Then the downstairs had been a cafe and video shop and you could also go through into the pub next door which had been used as a weed farm and a clothes storage place in the past. Shit for photos but a proper crazy place.. Oh and me and Clebby found it :P

catbalou

off the wall
Regular User

Did you not find the hidden stairs??

The building appeared to have been used as a jewelers originally and the part up the hidden stairs was probably the best preserved bit from that era. The loft was absolutely full of abandoned jewelry making tools too which was fun to rummage through. Slightly more recently than that it had been used as a gentlemens club (were talking 1950s/60s real gents club, not a strip joint) Then the downstairs had been a cafe and video shop and you could also go through into the pub next door which had been used as a weed farm and a clothes storage place in the past. Shit for photos but a proper crazy place.. Oh and me and Clebby found it :P

I didn't, no.. my time was limited due to a certain crazy Rastafarian dude with glazed eyes and a rather loud mouth on him hovering about outside! I wish I had more time, but I still had Typhoo to get too and long journey back for work.
Didn't realise it was your finding.... sorry about that, I was not aware.