real time web analytics
Report - - Corah- Leicester - Old Boiler house- March 2014 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Corah- Leicester - Old Boiler house- March 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

JaneEyre

The clumsiest explorer in Yorkshire!
28DL Full Member
So after having a good scout about one evening last week I strolled back up to the main building Corah with two soon to be members on a nice sunny morning (For now known as Eden and CheshireCat) only to find my usual way in welded over and my second route in guarded by secca :( Sad Puppy!

So instead we went for a good wonder around the old boiler house and the remaining chimney stacks which tbf in the weather was really nice

So here is a bit of stolen history (Ref: Wiki 2014)

N. Corah and Sons was a manufacturer of hosiery and textiles, located in Leicester in the United Kingdom. At one time it was the largest knitwear producer in Europe, and its products had a major influence on the development and prosperity of the Marks & Spencer chain of retail store

In April 2012, the Corah building (no longer in use by Corah) suffered a fire

Now for the good bit!

Signage is good

WP_20140321_040_zps729c1a12.gif

This amused me no end (you may notice I like signs!)

View attachment 584134

Don't see this being much use anymore!

View attachment 584135

Unless I fell down one of these (yes that nearly happened)

View attachment 584136

I also nearly went derriere over Brassiere on the three inchs of pigeon 'Merde' on these bad boys

View attachment 584137

Place had pretty much been gutted

View attachment 584138

However there were a few remainders of what the place was once like

View attachment 584139

View attachment 584140

View attachment 584141

View attachment 584142

View attachment 584143

View attachment 584144

View attachment 584145

Lastly, this amused us all a little bit, sadly as we stood to have a group shot with it someone turned up and started doing circles in a pick up truck so we casually took the hint to leave went for a cuppa and cake :D

View attachment 584146

Hope this isn't too picture heavy, there are a few more on here

MrsJaneEyre's Library | Photobucket

Give us a shout if I need to change anything and as always thank you for looking :D xxx

Eight-Seven

This is not a good idea. Let's do it.
28DL Full Member
Nice! Despite it being run down it looks like a nice explore, great shots too :)

Goldie87

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Some different bits to the usual pics, not many people look at the boiler house. There's no secca there though!

Leeds(Ex)plorer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Dont think ive seen anything from here before, nice work :thumb

On a side note I think I used to have the same trainers as you :thumb cool kids etc etc

pigdog

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Some different bits to the usual pics, not many people look at the boiler house. There's no secca there though!

i had the guy in the office near the part thats still in use banging on his window and shouting something about plod had been called i just waved at him and turned round and went back funny tyhing was i could still hear him shouting at binky to go away

JaneEyre

The clumsiest explorer in Yorkshire!
28DL Full Member
There's no secca there though!

No idea who the van bloke was bit he kept driving around and pausing in places, did have Eden and Chesh laughing and looking forlorn when I smiled and spoke to the guys who asked us if we were looking for him ('nahh mate,, just wanted to take a picture of the chimneys!')

Thanks for the feedback guys :)

Who has read this thread (Total: 6) View details