real time web analytics
Report - - Corbyn Head Hotel, Torquay, Oct 2019 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Corbyn Head Hotel, Torquay, Oct 2019

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Adzitude

Lost_Property_Devon
28DL Full Member
Adrenaline-filled explore last week at the Corbyn Hotel. As soon as we found the open window at the back, we scooted through and immediately heard the alarm, the sign of those damn motion detectors. The main noise seemed to be coming from the reception area, this in the end turned out to be almost deafening when up close to it.

Nevertheless we got around the whole building in around an hour before security turned up, I guessed the alarm might just be local as there was no sign of them for so long. As usual, they are fine as long as you apologise, show your camera and agree to leave straight away.

The Corbyn Head Hotel was quite popular in it's hayday, hosting celebs such as Kym Wilde. It must have been in a bad way for years as the locals seem happy it is being demolished imminently. It does have some nice original rooms and features, parts that seem worth saving with their decades of history, but the new owners (Frangance Group, same company that own the Palace and Park hotels) just want the whole thing flattened.

HDR-heavy pictures, sorry, it was going dark as we got in so had to adjust the pics so they were visable.

Diabolical

28DL Member
28DL Member
This is great, i remember going here when i was a kid to a post funeral party (very strange).
The place looks exactly the same inside, just abit more aged, also up the road towards Paignton there used to be a old gassworks place that was awsome to explore pretty sure its been knocked down now.

Adzitude

Lost_Property_Devon
28DL Full Member
This is great, i remember going here when i was a kid to a post funeral party (very strange).
The place looks exactly the same inside, just abit more aged, also up the road towards Paignton there used to be a old gassworks place that was awsome to explore pretty sure its been knocked down now.
Thankyou :)

Yes the gasworks are long gone, now form part of a park, the outlines for where the drums were are still there though!

Who has read this thread (Total: 428) View details