real time web analytics
Report - - Cornwall Motel/Heartbreak Motel, Cornwall. July 2017 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Cornwall Motel/Heartbreak Motel, Cornwall. July 2017

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

bristol_explorer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
So just a quick report here as I can not find any history on this location at all. The website of it's time has expired and I can't see any other reports on here.

Driving down the A394 on my way to Penzance, I spotted some buildings in a wired fencing area with some over grown bushes. Naturally I had to have a look. Excuse the quality of the pictures as they were only taken on my phone as I didn't come prepared with the 700D.

So I found out this place was called the Cornwall Motel, nicknamed "Heartbreak Motel". It has been abandoned for quite some time, despite being bought back in the late 2000's to a anonymous buyer and planning permission grated in 2010 there has been no movement. The complex was meant to be demolished and built into 18 self-catering holiday units. To this day it is known to the locals as an area for fly-tipping as well as it has fell victim to arson attacks.

Over all this location is knackered, it was worth the little look around but wear your wellies as there is lots of broken glass and brambles. Access is easy we just pulled over and squeezed through one of the metal gating, just beware the cars passing.

Visited: 15th July 2017

IMG_1020_zpshq2rjblt.jpg

FullSizeRender%202_zps7vtwpom7.jpg

IMG_1023_zpsmbkaf0x4.jpg

FullSizeRender_zpsu6ck7bfj.jpg

IMG_1028_zpsafp6okto.jpg

IMG_1027_zpsgovnbfey.jpg

IMG_1026_zpsjlhihbc9.jpg

IMG_1025_zpslkhw9i0t.jpg

IMG_1024_zpsrsdp38ks.jpg