real time web analytics
Report - - Crag Mill Quarry, Northumberland, November 2014 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Crag Mill Quarry, Northumberland, November 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

catbalou

off the wall
Regular User
Quarry researching does prove hard as hours of trawling t’interweb knocked up a fair few possible “inactive†sites, but these turn out to on visiting, to be veritable nature reserves, or indeed “not there anymore†ones… so after a wander around a derelict Belford site, with naught more than a tumbleweed or two, we decided on visiting what I had researched as Crag Mill Quarry and Processing Plant, which was both listed as inactive and live on various sites. All very confusing, and a lot of time reading up on but worth a look into, considering we were in the vicinity... or at least 'close proximity' to it... :)

What I can gather from our visit, is that it is still ‘part-active’, with but with no-one being there on the day we went, meant a nice opportunity to have a little wander around, but having to avoid certain sections due to obvious cams and what we nick-named the “monster PIRâ€. Not an ‘epic’ place by any means, but its something new at least
Visited with Dave, thanks for the company and as always for another great day out.

cragmillquarry043_zpsf9356890.jpg

cragmillquarry046_zps820c2f59.jpg

cragmillquarry038_zpsbf13010e.jpg

cragmillquarry033_zps1c93963c.jpg

cragmillquarry040_zps48146e62.jpg

cragmillquarry032_zps4920489e.jpg

cragmillquarry028_zpsbcb3ca93.jpg

cragmillquarry027_zpsda5a46de.jpg

cragmillquarry025_zps286de1e9.jpg

always gotta find the control room
cragmillquarry020_zps11a552dc.jpg

cragmillquarry015_zpscc489afd.jpg

was tempted... but under strict orders from Dave not to turn the key!
cragmillquarry014_zps5a682064.jpg

cragmillquarry010_zpsf9bb81ec.jpg

cragmillquarry006_zps523194f4.jpg

cragmillquarry004_zps722770df.jpg

cragmillquarry005_zps2acbb2bc.jpg
[/CENTER]

Cat.

dave

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
My that was quick i ,m about to have a look at my pics see what there like as to whether to post any. Well worth a closer look at this one your pics have come out very well probably one of our shorter visits due to cctv etc etc. Cheers for a great day btw.

The Lone Ranger

Safety is paramount!
Staff member
Very nice cat, I think there are many quarries either mothballed all very small scale operations for the last 10 years or so.

Looks a great mooch and nicely captured :thumb

catbalou

off the wall
Regular User
"Deep Active Sludge"... Sounds like a UE handle. Wonder how long before a newbie says "Hi, DeepActiveSludge here!" :laugh
nice pics, sort of a "just keeping the skills up" mooch. eh?

haha! yes can just see the username getting registered :D
never seen one of those signs before, there were also a few 'danger' / 'thin ice' / 'warning' / 'keep away' ones in same area... a bit overkill really for a nondescript pond. I was half expecting to walk further down and see a final one saying 'oi, told you to keep away, now P off'

catbalou

off the wall
Regular User
My that was quick i ,m about to have a look at my pics see what there like as to whether to post any. Well worth a closer look at this one your pics have come out very well probably one of our shorter visits due to cctv etc etc. Cheers for a great day btw.

thanks, yes it turned out to be a canny little place this one. Shame about the cctv, but puts an edge to it none the less. Still looking through pics of the second little place we looked at, but wish i hadnt left tripod in car for that one! Yes definitely post your photos of Crag Mill, looking forward to seeing them.

Telf

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Very nice Cat, loving the little control room and the heavy plant machinery, lots to see at this one. :thumb