real time web analytics
Report - - Cromer Tunnel - March 2017 | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Cromer Tunnel - March 2017

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Lissyfit

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The Cromer Tunnel was built by the Norfolk and Suffolk Joint Railway to take their Cromer Beach to Mundesley line under the Great Eastern's Cromer High to Norwich line. Both portals of the tunnels are open but undergrowth and modern housing in the area make access difficult. Although it is only around 50 meters in length it is the only standard gauge railway tunnel in Norfolk

0190fd2.jpg

02c2418.jpg

03662b7.jpg

046735a.jpg

mortar spigot??
05db865.jpg

062b7fe.jpg

07d1d79.jpg

0803462.jpg

EOA

Exploring with Bob
28DL Full Member
I like train tunnels. Shame this isn't a little bit longer so you get a bit of darkness.

I think I saw you were based around Manchester and looking for places to explore - Butterhouse tunnel is similar, but sealed at one end and longer so you get darkness.

Lissyfit

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It is the only railway tunnel in Norfolk which is why I thought it would be worth a report. The mortar spigot in the middle is quite interesting and kind of makes you wonder why it's there.

EOA

Exploring with Bob
28DL Full Member
It's a cool report :) - it would be interesting to find out what's under the spigot.

Just thought I'd mention Butterhouse tunnel though.

Lissyfit

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Its reasonable nearby so i'll check it out sometime. I think the spigot looks like it is in its original place which kind of makes you wonder why its in a tunnel.