real time web analytics
Report - - Crumsall & Cheetham District Library 11-2011 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Crumsall & Cheetham District Library 11-2011

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

host

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The Crumpsall and Cheetham District Library Manchester, Like LL Cool J said don't call this a come back, i haven't posted in a while due to one thing or another however i have been busy exploring and have quite a back log to get through so now i feel its time to share some these explores with you all. kicking off with this little number, not the most amazing place i have been to in fact you could say that its seen better days, that said it has got some lovely original features, the two stain glassed windows from 1910 and tile work are stunning. over the years its come foul to some serious vandalism and pigeon damage, in its day it must have been quite a beautiful building it's hard to believe that it's of grade II listing i seriously doubt that it will be fit for anything other than been knocked down which is such a shame. history is a little thin on this one.
The Edwardian Baroque Library was designed by the city architect Henry Price and built in 1910, the building is composed of two symmetrical wings carrying four cartouches inscribed with the names of Scott, Milton, Shakespeare and Dickens. the library stopped lending books in 1974 and became a community centre and finally closed around 2000 after a fatal shooting on a new years eve party 1999.

cruma.jpg

crumb.jpg

crumc.jpg

crumd.jpg
crume.jpg

crumf-1.jpg

crumg.jpg

crumh.jpg

crumi.jpg

crumj.jpg

crumk-1.jpg

cruml.jpg