real time web analytics
Report - - Crying Baby Hospital, Italy - September 2014 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Crying Baby Hospital, Italy - September 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Gambit

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This was the first site in a mini tour of some of Italy's fine locations. By the time we arrived it was late and dark. We went inside to see if there was a place we could safely sleep.

That found we made our way back to the cars to get our stuff and returned for a pretty decent night's sleep.

In terms of history, I don't know much to be honest. It was built at the end of WW2 as a retreat for children, by a relgious order.

The location had a lot of potential for not only the wide angle shots, but also some good details

15149721030_5e4f529c4e_o.jpg

I didn't expect to find this in the lower ground level that is for sure

15191754940_cd8d2f9937_o.jpg

The rising sun made this shot, in my opinion. As the sun was rising, the feel in the place was constantly changing

15191854890_29eb22a684_o.jpg

Upstairs, the more usual shots of the hospital beds
15332664301_3702b92bc1_o.jpg

15374952545_b8cede08a3_o.jpg

15379041365_6dfe26fb00_o.jpg

I didn't take some of the more well known shots of the large rooms full of beds, mainly because my photoshop skills are so rubbish and the very strategically placed graffiti made it impossible to get a nice shot. I have no idea what gets in to some people, needlessly attempting to ruin a place. Didn't spoil the visit though, and the chapel find more than made up for the slight disappointment of graff :)

Camera Shy

Old enough to know better
Regular User
Yes "Bear" certainly did a number on this place, anyway it needs to go in the Euro section mate, nice report though.

Gambit

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Oopps.. sorry... can someone pm me on how to move a thread - I am clearly having a senior moment as I can't figure it out :eek:

host

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Another fine report mateā€¦all the beds have gone and the place was cleared out when we went, luckily i did it a few a couple of years ago.

The Kwan

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Very nice, lovely photos mate thankyou for sharing...dont drop the soap in them there showers :D