real time web analytics
Report - - 'D' Tunnel, Lancs - October 2010. | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - 'D' Tunnel, Lancs - October 2010.

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
'D' Tunnel, Visited By Ojay & Stepping Lightly.

Having recce'd some high profile stuff earlier in the evening we were travelling by here on the way home, and decided to have a quick mooch in this drainage system used for nearby reservoirs.

'Getting in' was lulz as I have injured my ribs, but I persevered traipsing through valleys, climbing some slippy arse walls and avoiding deep water.

Once inside, I was immediately impressed with the composition, a mix of brick, lined with an equally impressive stone floor.

Around 6ft in diameter the pipe was fairly straight, with an initial twist at the Infall.

The echo in here was amazing, and I have never experienced anything like it before. We must have mooched a good 500 yards before the pipe started to shrink to around 4ft, S.L informs me that the entire length is well over a mile and runs underneath a nearby reservoir. (Later we took a look at the Outfall).

Having both sustained various injuries of late, we decided we weren't going to stoop it any further, but opting for a return visit with skateboards :D

As I have said before, the Victorians didn't fuck about!

In your tunnels.....

Overflow

PPL2.jpg

RBP

Backlit.jpg

PPL1.jpg

Shrinking to 4ft, return visit with skateboards :D

Tunnel2.jpg

Outta here

PPL3.jpg

Thanks for looking :thumb