real time web analytics
Report - - Davy Markham LTD, Sheffield - June 19 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Davy Markham LTD, Sheffield - June 19

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

UrbanDoll

28DL Regular User
Regular User
History

DavyMarkham Limited designs and manufactures heavy and complex engineering components and assemblies for projects in Western Europe, Canada, the United Kingdom, the United States, and France. The company designs, manufactures, supplies, installs, tests, and commissions complete mechanical and engineering products that include critical mechanical elements, hydraulic cylinders and operating systems, electrical power and control systems, traffic management systems, and security management systems. Its core services include design, machining, fabrication, project management, assembly and test, installation, systems integration, and after sales support.

It closed down in 2018.

Explore

I know this place has been done a few times so I've not got much to add but thought I'd add an update a year on from the original reports.
I'm a little pissed off as I spent an hour in here really stealthy and quiet. I did not realise that there was security INSIDE urgh. Initially I saw a light on then stayed far away then as I worked my way back to the entrance/exit I heard radios and people outside who removed a yellow vest that was hanging in the window. So I only managed to do half of it.

On with the pics. Obviously my trip got cut short so this is all I managed. (Didn't get caught but didn't fancy hanging around to get caught so made a swift escape)

IMG_0757-HDR.jpg

IMG_0761.jpg

IMG_0762.jpg

IMG_0763-HDR.jpg

IMG_0766-HDR.jpg

IMG_0773-HDR.jpg

IMG_0777-HDR.jpg

IMG_0786.jpg

IMG_0787-HDR.jpg

IMG_0791-HDR.jpg

IMG_0796-HDR.jpg

IMG_0806.jpg

Brewtal

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Superb, your composition is spot on. I was thinking about this place recently, got some time off soon so planning to head south for a part of it. Great to see an update from here. Very tempted now!

UrbanDoll

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Superb, your composition is spot on. I was thinking about this place recently, got some time off soon so planning to head south for a part of it. Great to see an update from here. Very tempted now!
Thank you very much :)

I’m thinking of a revisit because I missed half of it but because they’ve upped their security I think it’s just going to be one of those places. Next time instead of hiding behind a machine I’ll just carry on haha!

Pammyj

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Love this, desperate to do a good industrial site! Looking forward to seeing the next lot when you get back

Pammyj

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Where you at? I only recently got into industry. Think this is the first place I’ve been to with everything inside!

Central Scotland, but missing my exploring partner for a while, so going solo for a bit, this makes me more of a pussy lol. Doing my first solo this weekend, shitting myself but it’s somewhere I’ve been desperate to do for a long time and will be worth it :D

slayaaaa

Yeah I went here the other day, it's been bought out so it's not really disused I guess. The Northern side of the works is still in full swing and looks like they're slowly integrating the rest somewhat back into use. It is proper cool though, huge lathes are sick. Nice pics!

UrbanDoll

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Central Scotland, but missing my exploring partner for a while, so going solo for a bit, this makes me more of a pussy lol. Doing my first solo this weekend, shitting myself but it’s somewhere I’ve been desperate to do for a long time and will be worth it :D

I’ve done about 4 solos now you get used to it. I’m a wuss too lol and I’m small so it’s harder to get in places! You’ll be okay :)

UrbanDoll

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Yeah I went here the other day, it's been bought out so it's not really disused I guess. The Northern side of the works is still in full swing and looks like they're slowly integrating the rest somewhat back into use. It is proper cool though, huge lathes are sick. Nice pics!

Thank you.

I wasn’t aware that it had been bought out! No wonder there was people inside lol. It’s still very much disused inside that part though. Saw a few squirrels inside