real time web analytics
Report - - Derbyshire Royal Infirmary site remains/Wilderslowe House - April 2017 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Derbyshire Royal Infirmary site remains/Wilderslowe House - April 2017

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Urban_Tomb_Raider

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Another explore with Yorrick. Spotted randomly as passing by to a different location, seeming to be some sort of abandoned residential housing. After gaining access onsite and spotting the quite iconic onion domed towers lower down the mostly cleared out lot, I realised we were standing on the previous Royal Infirmary Site. The towers themselves looked interesting but were most likely sealed tight, and it wasn't worth the decent and rather exposed walk to reach them.

Out of the remaining buildings on site, one being sealed up very tight, the other was easily accessible, most likely with a big thanks to the homeless using them as drug dens. The first place was littered, and I mean littered, with needles and heroin use. I have never seen that many needles in one place at a time. Or that many spoons. Both of the houses are also by far are the worst I have been to in terms of actual rot. The upstairs was missing heavy amounts of floorboards, the floors downstairs were softer than a sponge yet there was also no graffiti in sight, beautiful amounts of decay on furniture and peeling wall paper. All the shit I enjoy. Plus it was medicinal related and I do have a strong thing for hospitals. Only abandoned ones though. I joined the game a few years too late to really enjoy access to asylums and hospitals, so anything medicinal and rotting is a blessing. The house seemed to be staff access only, perhaps nurse homes, and was also grade II listed on 24 February 1977. The last house accessed was behind a wooden fence and looked more residential but was most likely still part of the site. Inside it housed no medicinal remains or equipment and had a lot of normal house hold furniture. No heroin use either. While trying to do research, I noticed there was a last and final house as well.

In terms of history I wont bother pasting something about the Royal Infirmary as I'm sure it was seen on here plenty of times, and in my personal belief I think this is a different part of the site all together. In regards one small sign near the exploration, suggesting the name Wilderslowe House, I can't find that much information either. I'm no expert in hospital site layouts. Photos aren't the best and the second place was incredibly dark. Dodgy floors, bad footing. Flash was used. No tripod. Oops.

httoc1.jpg

2802jwp.jpg

2mrco7r.jpg

34o7m1i.jpg

fekz9h.jpg

2a6s7yu.jpg

2vtxmjd.jpg

2r421zc.jpg
1zgaomr.jpg

sq7ezc.jpg

263zojo.jpg

117efrt.jpg

2vtqr10.jpg

2wbuff4.jpg

nd9deb.jpg

33o1oxv.jpg

33pamhd.jpg

212y8o4.jpg

29zoug4.jpg

szwwmh.jpg

29kyww3.jpg

5ciw54.jpg

Now for the second house and extra naff pictures, more to convey the gist of the place as opposed to aesthetics. Extremely, almost pitch black, darkness in here and a shit ton of asbestos.
334ugw6.jpg

25u7hhw.jpg

2ngem0z.jpg

2w65735.jpg

n6crpc.jpg

dgos20.jpg

16hkd2q.jpg

2l9iqev.jpg

Ta dah.

Six

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I'm surprised they're still there! To be fair they don't look much different to how they did a few years back!

I wonder if they're going to keep them?

Urban_Tomb_Raider

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I'm surprised they're still there! To be fair they don't look much different to how they did a few years back!

I wonder if they're going to keep them?
Possibly, who knows. Unless perhaps the drug problem gets out of hand