real time web analytics
Report - - Dewsbury Union Offices, West Yorkshire - June 2021 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Dewsbury Union Offices, West Yorkshire - June 2021

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

UrbanDoll

28DL Regular User
Regular User
History

Not much history available for this building. It was used as a registry office for weddings, births and deaths up until 2012 when the services moved over to Dewsbury town hall. Since then there was some planning permission applied for in 2018 for the building to be turned into a hostel. Unfortunately planning permission was rejected so the building lays derelict still. It wont be long until the whole building goes past the point of repair.

Explore

Impromptu visit with @Esoteric Eric , @albino-jay and @host when we spotted it from the pub. Small explore nothing special but still some nice features.

IMG_7932.jpg

IMG_7933.jpg

Starting from the entrance hall. Modern signage with the original ceiling details

IMG_7922.jpg

One of the ground floor rooms - as you can see the building is in a really poor state. Original flower ceiling rosette next to some upgraded modern lighting.

IMG_7931.jpg

Next we head down to the basement. The entry to this room was through a cell like barred door. The room opposite with a single urinal and nothing else.

IMG_7923.jpg

Back upstairs leads to a lovely cast iron stair case

IMG_7918-HDR.jpg

IMG_7914-HDR (2).jpg

IMG_7908.jpg

Ok last photo of the stairs now

IMG_7909-HDR-2.jpg

Ceiling above the stairs

IMG_7907.jpg

Upstairs rooms

IMG_7899-HDR.jpg

IMG_7893-HDR.jpg

Finally finishing with a photo of the ceiling in this room shown above

IMG_7897.jpg

Thanks for looking ;), UD​

UrbandonedTeam

the north
Regular User
Very nice! Was looking at this fairly recently after triggering the loudest alarm in one of those ‘abandoned’ Yorkshire mills. Then had the annual look at the library. Great architecture :thumb

Jane Doe

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
That is beautiful inside , very ornate and the staircase is really lovely ... enjoyed looking at your photos :)

Olkka

Chillin at the structure
Regular User
To be honest, it's actually not as bland as I assumed. I got to my boy's stag do on time too sorry if I rushed y'all haha

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Thats got some beautiful features. Very ornate and lovely, Mixed with a degree of decay. Beauty & the beast. :cool:

stevenjamie57

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
History

Not much history available for this building. It was used as a registry office for weddings, births and deaths up until 2012 when the services moved over to Dewsbury town hall. Since then there was some planning permission applied for in 2018 for the building to be turned into a hostel. Unfortunately planning permission was rejected so the building lays derelict still. It wont be long until the whole building goes past the point of repair.

Explore

Impromptu visit with @Esoteric Eric , @albino-jay and @host when we spotted it from the pub. Small explore nothing special but still some nice features.

IMG_7932.jpg

IMG_7933.jpg

Starting from the entrance hall. Modern signage with the original ceiling details

IMG_7922.jpg

One of the ground floor rooms - as you can see the building is in a really poor state. Original flower ceiling rosette next to some upgraded modern lighting.

IMG_7931.jpg

Next we head down to the basement. The entry to this room was through a cell like barred door. The room opposite with a single urinal and nothing else.

IMG_7923.jpg

Back upstairs leads to a lovely cast iron stair case

IMG_7918-HDR.jpg

IMG_7914-HDR (2).jpg

IMG_7908.jpg

Ok last photo of the stairs now

IMG_7909-HDR-2.jpg

Ceiling above the stairs

IMG_7907.jpg

Upstairs rooms

IMG_7899-HDR.jpg

IMG_7893-HDR.jpg

Finally finishing with a photo of the ceiling in this room shown above

IMG_7897.jpg

Thanks for looking ;), UD​
I dread to think what it would cost to build something like this now, particularly the ceilings.

Who has read this thread (Total: 254) View details