real time web analytics
Report - - Dodge hill/Brinksway stockport 08/02/10 | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Dodge hill/Brinksway stockport 08/02/10

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

host

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Dodge hill and Brinksway air raid shelters to me are an excellent explore, i could spend all day down there shooting i love the colours and texture, most of you will know the history of these shelter's for any one who has never been i would say it's a must.Work started on the shelters in 1938 and the first set of shelters opened october 1939, stockport was first bombed in october 1940 the Dodge hill shelter can (could) accommodate 2000 people and was the smallest of the shelters, but the the best preserved apart from the tourist shelter on Chestergate nicknamed the Chestergate hotel, Dodge hill has most of the beds still in tact and remarkable condition it was closed in 1945, the tunnels are 7ft wide and 7ft tall, the shelters are tunneled out of red sand stone which made it quite easy to tunnel quickly.Brinksway shelter has seen it's fair share of vandal's over the years with graffiti and broken toilets an excellent explore non the less, much larger than Dodge hill, the other shelter's that were in stockport were destroyed when the M60 was built.visited with oldskool...hope you enjoy

Dodgehill
a.jpg

b.jpg

c.jpg

d.jpg

e.jpg

f.jpg

g.jpg

h.jpg

i.jpg

j.jpg

k.jpg