real time web analytics
Report - - Dodge hill shelter July 10 | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Dodge hill shelter July 10

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

dnbpc

28DL Member
28DL Member
After not exploring anywhere for about a month, the urbex cravings kicked in so me, matt1209 and JDW set of for our first underground explore.

A brief history on the shelter, it was constructed along side the other shelters in stockport between 1938 and 1939. Dodge hill shelter was the smallest holding around 2000 people.

This was my first attempt at photography underground without flash so if pictures aren't up to scratch thats why. Anyway on with the pictures

Debris
DSCF0711.jpg

Bunkbeds
DSCF0739.jpg

More bunkbeds
DSCF0734.jpg

Rust
DSCF0722.jpg

Workmans light
DSCF0726.jpg

Steps to the original entrance
DSCF0740.jpg

First attempt at lightpainting
DSCF0709.jpg

Cheers for looking :)

layz

Conquistador d'Wolverton
28DL Full Member
Nice work, really good photos for your first underground attempt. :)

G

goon

I really like it! I hail not too far from here and have honestly never heard of this place. Are those shelves a recent addition to the shelter? They look like bunk bed frames but seem to be in too good condition to have been there for very long. They look as if they are galvanised steel but you'd expect them to be in very worse condition after a long period of time.

Hidden

28DL Full Member
I really like it! I hail not too far from here and have honestly never heard of this place. Are those shelves a recent addition to the shelter? They look like bunk bed frames but seem to be in too good condition to have been there for very long. They look as if they are galvanised steel but you'd expect them to be in very worse condition after a long period of time.

Those are bunks, and I assume galvanised due to the conditions down there even when the shelters were in use.

Who has read this thread (Total: 0) View details