real time web analytics
Question - - Dorking | Military Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Dorking

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

obscurity

Flaxenation of the G!!!
Regular User
Thanks for checking out for the rest of us :) I'll give it regular checks and updates. It's never shut down for long :)

What a load of rubbish. It was hadnt been explored for years and was in use for air softing then became disused until a few explorers got in a couple of years back. Its been sealed and opened again exactly once in that time before it was welded shut last year. So its been opened twice in the 15 years ive been exploring, id say thats a very long time for something to be shut.

anonurbex

Call me William Blake
28DL Full Member
What a load of rubbish. It was hadnt been explored for years and was in use for air softing then became disused until a few explorers got in a couple of years back. Its been sealed and opened again exactly once in that time before it was welded shut last year. So its been opened twice in the 15 years ive been exploring, id say thats a very long time for something to be shut.
Total rubbish because I've been there many times and I have seen it open/shut/open/shut and so on....oh wait, no surely I'm talking shit...I guess?

muttman

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Annyyyywayyyy,
Dorking deepdean bunker is definitely still open. There are also a couple of teeny-tiny caves behind the Watermill Inn nearby. (Not that interesting though)

The proper Dorking caves are opposite Waitrose but you have to do an organised tour with health & safety etc...

Still, if you’re in the area then all the above will fill your time...

muttman

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I actually found another entrance to deepdean last time we visited. It's the exit of the 'stairs of death'.

anonurbex

Call me William Blake
28DL Full Member
I actually found another entrance to deepdean last time we visited. It's the exit of the 'stairs of death'.
Not much use as the stairs are broken 1/3 into descending and the jump from that to the lower bit although doable totally does not guarantee your safety as the supporting pillar to the staircase is totally gone and only present for up to a half of a third of the stairs from its base. Everytime I go back it’s deteriorating.
Try out Kuoni buildings at night, it’s right next to the radio control station on the Deepdene trail and quite a thing to keep you on your toes as packed up with secca :)

muttman

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Not much use as the stairs are broken 1/3 into descending and the jump from that to the lower bit although doable totally does not guarantee your safety as the supporting pillar to the staircase is totally gone and only present for up to a half of a third of the stairs from its base. Everytime I go back it’s deteriorating.
Try out Kuoni buildings at night, it’s right next to the radio control station on the Deepdene trail and quite a thing to keep you on your toes as packed up with secca :)

Actually you've just reminded me, there's an Ice House along the footpath running behind kuoni. I haven't checked it out but have a look soon...

Who has read this thread (Total: 155) View details