real time web analytics
Report - - DOVER - Big Explore - With tealights | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - DOVER - Big Explore - With tealights

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Shadow

GDMEODC
28DL Full Member
Day 1

Met Madcap_Laughs in Canterbury with my mate Adam, and drove down to Dover for a work day at Drop Redoubt in the Western Heights, where we me up with the teentunnelteam. Unfortunately some wanker had superglued the inside of all the padlocks and the work day was cancelled. But the guy in charge went home to get a blow torch and managed to open the padlocks for the tour later that day. So we headed off to see St Martins Deep Shelter and Battery

DSCF2480.jpg

DSCF2479.jpg

DSCF2474.jpg

DSCF2476.jpg

Next we headed over to Detached Bastion

DSCF2504.jpg

DSCF2506.jpg

DSCF2524.jpg

DSCF2512.jpg

DSCF2520.jpg

View attachment 76048

DSCF2508.jpg

Then we went back to Drop Redoubt for the tour

DSCF2531.jpg

DSCF2538.jpg

DSCF2540.jpg

DSCF2547.jpg

DSCF2549.jpg

DSCF2564.jpg

After this we went to check out the Grand Shaft Staircase

DSCF2469.jpg

DSCF2575.jpg

DSCF2576.jpg

We also had a quick look at Archcliffe Galleries

DSCF2492.jpg

DSCF2488.jpg

DSCF2489.jpg

DSCF2494.jpg

Shadow

GDMEODC
28DL Full Member
Day 2

On the second day it was just me and Adam, and since we had an English Heritage card we decided to go for a look round Dover castle, and as the tours of the tunnels were fully booked, we managed to just walk around at our own pace, which was good for taking sneaky pics ☺.

DSCF2702.jpg

DSCF2705.jpg

DSCF2707.jpg

Also got a nice pic of the sea (bit irrelevant but still)

DSCF2712.jpg

After this we headed round the outside of the castle walls to find Horse-shoe and Hudsons Bastion

First we climbed up this

DSCF2735.jpg

Only to find it nicely bricked up

DSCF2733.jpg

After we walked round some more we found what could be an alternate entrance into the castle inner moats, if it hadn’t been for the rolls of razor wire and huge fence.
Ever get the feeling your not wanted??
DSCF2740.jpg

Shadow

GDMEODC
28DL Full Member
Day 3

On day 3 we went over to St Margaret's

Firstly we went to have a look for the Z Rocket Battery and deep shelter, which is easily the biggest shelter I have ever been in

DSCF2767.jpg

DSCF2769.jpg

DSCF2772.jpg

DSCF2778.jpg

DSCF2789.jpg

After this we headed over to South Forelands to find the two deep shelters and plotting rooms

We first found the second deep shelter, and had some fun with tea lights, sorry OT had to be done,

DSCF2790.jpg

DSCF2791.jpg

DSCF2792.jpg

I did have a quick look down the plotting room but Adam didn’t trust the rusty ladder, so I didn’t spend long down there. I also went to find the first deep shelter, but unfortunately it had been sealed.

DSCF2803.jpg

I will be going back down to Dover around the 21st of November, as there is another work day at Drop Redoubt, and if you go on a work day you get to have a look around the whole of Drop Redoubt, unlike on the tour.

Last edited: