real time web analytics
Information - - drains, culverts etc | General Exploring Chat Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Information - drains, culverts etc

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

johnny gomez

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
hi all,
after a bit of help/tips. been exploring a while but really fancy some drainageculverts etc. but seem to be going no where trying to find anything, tried google etc, maps and following rivers on maps.
i'm looking for the wrong things or thinking in the wrong direction.
not after locations but some tips etc, thanks if anyone can help

tarkovsky

SWC
Regular User
ditto everything TLR said.

Also depends on where abouts in the country you are - some places are blessed with more culverts etc than others. Have a trawl through the drains forum or search for somewhere near to you first that looks good before you try to find anything new. Most reports of culverts will at least name the river they’re on - then head for the map to pinpoint the inflow or outflow.

Last edited:

Yorrick

A fellow of infinite jest
28DL Full Member
As TLR says look for where the blue bit stops. Here’s a couple to start you off if you haven’t looked already -

Looking at a Winchester map it looks like a couple of sections of the River Itchen or it’s tributaries might be worth a look. The section from Wolvesley Gardens and Abbey Gardens to Durngate Place looks the most promising, but hard to see on a map how stoopy it might be.

The River Lyde at Basingstoke has a couple of possibilities and something disappears in Eastrop Park.

Monk’s Brook at Eastleigh goes under both the M3 and M27. Just concrete box, but still practice.

johnny gomez

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
cheers guys, yorrick durngate area well sealed but hopefully i'll have a womble along the itchen see what comes up.

Eunos96

Drifting through explores
28DL Full Member
There a culvert in bournemouth, but isnt anything much, eventually comes to a stop unless you fancy crawling. Weird and wonderful dead bugs cover the wall which i have never seen before though.