real time web analytics
Question - - Dry Boxes | Kit / Clothing / Equipment | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Dry Boxes

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

mattdonut

Like and subscribe
28DL Full Member
Its a good idea to keep precious things in bag or boxes

This isn't one of them
ScreenShot2014-12-17at124534_zpsf9f69eb4.png

GAJ

Mr Muscle
28DL Full Member
There are other clip boxes than Tesco you know :p:

I had one, no idea where from, that you could barely get the lid off when it wasn't clipped. I kept firelighters in it under my BBQ & that never leaked after months outside. Have a look in a proper kitchen shop & you may find better quality ones in the size you're after.

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
There are other clip boxes than Tesco you know :p:

I had one, no idea where from, that you could barely get the lid off when it wasn't clipped. I kept firelighters in it under my BBQ & that never leaked after months outside. Have a look in a proper kitchen shop & you may find better quality ones in the size you're after.

I've always found the tesco clip boxes to be strong and reliable, with regards to the lid and locking it. I just don't think they can take an impact so that kind of makes them unsuitable for this task.

GAJ

Mr Muscle
28DL Full Member
Stick it anywhere you feel is hidden enough OT, I used to put mine on the suspension if I wanted to hide it. Mostly though it's on a rear towing point. It's much less of an issue in surf car parks as people still stash their keys in bushes etc. so your car is less likely to get jacked than one of those.

GAJ

Mr Muscle
28DL Full Member
Keypod in action..

IMG_20141218_124751.jpg

They're pretty sturdy & will take a hell of a butchering to get inside as it isn't held in a solid position. Been using this one for a few years now all over the place with no issues at all.

GAJ

Mr Muscle
28DL Full Member
Yeah, outside of general watersports car parks people won't even notice it's there as it's not a common thing. If you reverse park against a wall or fence, then nobody will see it without deliberately looking for it. Which they won't do. I can't recommend them enough for times when you don't want your key getting wet or lost & if you really hide it away, there's no reason why you couldn't leave your car for weeks with the key in there.

raisinwing

28DL Regular User
Regular User
You could always get a suitably sized IP65 box from an electrical wholesaler, bit of a faff having to access it with a screwdriver. But they're super water tight, very sturdy and cheap!

Who has read this thread (Total: 5) View details