real time web analytics
Video - - Dudfleet Mills , Wakefield - Cinematic Edit - January 2018 | Urban Exploring Videos | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Video - Dudfleet Mills , Wakefield - Cinematic Edit - January 2018

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

I am a filmmaker and YouTuber, and i'm trying to get into Urbex. I really enjoy finding out about the history of the sites that i want to visit and exploring them with my son.
Last week we visited a site in West Yorkshire. The site is an old fur fabrics mill and has been covered before on this forum.

This is a first attempt at Urbex, so go easy on me!

Exploring local abandoned mill in a cinematic style.

Dudfleet Mills (Abandoned) - URBEX - Urban Exploration - DJI Spark Footage - Cinematic Edit

Yorrick

A fellow of infinite jest
28DL Full Member
Good first post. If you're going to post more on here then try showing more of the building and less of feet.

Can you put the date of your visit in the title too please.

Alley

Conspicuous Loiterer
Regular User
As a report on the mill it's terrible, but as a film it's excellent. A bit like "Last of Us". I'd watch more of your films :thumb

The papers on the floor reminded me of somewhere I went years ago, an old factory I think. One room had bags and bags of unopened competition entries, handwritten, and posted in. It was sad.

chris banks

28DL Member
28DL Member
As a report on the mill it's terrible, but as a film it's excellent. A bit like "Last of Us". I'd watch more of your films :thumb

The papers on the floor reminded me of somewhere I went years ago, an old factory I think. One room had bags and bags of unopened competition entries, handwritten, and posted in. It was sad.
thanks alley. appreciate your support. I wasn't quite sure about writing a report. I enjoy reading them on here but i reckon my attempt would be terrible. I'm trying to get to a new site next week and hoping to have another urbex video up shortly.

ZerO81

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I hate exploring videos with a passion as they are normally total sh1te, but this one peeked my interest as you mentioned the dji spark (a drone I invested in about a month ago as my first ever drone) and although I have to agree that the video is not really that good as a "tour round an abandoned place", it is actually a nice looking video.

One question though, the opening shots, where you were walking through the big door, was you using the sparks 'follow me' capabilities? It's not a mode I have used too much so far.

chris banks

28DL Member
28DL Member
I hate exploring videos with a passion as they are normally total sh1te, but this one peeked my interest as you mentioned the dji spark (a drone I invested in about a month ago as my first ever drone) and although I have to agree that the video is not really that good as a "tour round an abandoned place", it is actually a nice looking video.

One question though, the opening shots, where you were walking through the big door, was you using the sparks 'follow me' capabilities? It's not a mode I have used too much so far.
Thanks. The shot through the door was filmed on a gimbal not with the drone. All the internal shots were filmed on a gimbal to be honest, I didn't want to risk crashing the drone inside. I've used the follow me functions and it does work, but you have to get it just right.

chris banks

28DL Member
28DL Member
Thanks. I'm hoping to upload a new Urbex video (similar in style to this one) every week.

Can you recommend anything I should. Include on the next video? I'm new to Urbex and wouldn't mind a bit of guidance on what to include
Great video man I really enjoyed it the edit is really cool m8!

Clarky1503

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Just a longer Vid really m8 and more of the building and its decay other than that I've no qualms m8!

Who has read this thread (Total: 6) View details