real time web analytics
Report - - Duxford Airfield Storage | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Duxford Airfield Storage

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Cane

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
So after a drive around on saturday and after my visit to Ickletons ROC post we past this place and had no idea what the hell it was or how long the place had been there. (Zoom Earth | LIVE weather map, storm tracker, rain radar)
So after alittle digging around on google all i can find is its a Nitrate Film Store thats owned by the Imperial War Museum.
I guess it's where they keep film thats at risk from damage due to how it's made.

Found on Google....
The Museum has five branches: the headquarters in Lambeth Road in Southwark, IWM Duxford in Cambridgeshire, which opened to the public in 1976; HMS Belfast for which the Trustees assumed responsibility in 1978; the Cabinet War Rooms in Whitehall which the Trustees have managed since it opened to the public in 1984, and for which they became fully responsible in 1989; and IWM North in Trafford, Greater Manchester, which opens to the public in July 2002. In addition, the Museum has a purpose-built film store, located near to IWM Duxford, and an annexe to Lambeth Road housing mainly the audio-visual records departments at the former All Saints Hospital in Austral Street, London SE11.

So heres a few pics...
IMG_0339.gif

View attachment 26620
View attachment 26621
View attachment 26622
View attachment 26623

Theres quite a few CCTV cameras watching the place but i'm hoping to go back again soon and have a proper look round..even if you did get seen, Duxford Airfield is at least 15 minute drive away so theres plenty of time to dissapear if security does turn up.

If anyone can shed more light on the place i'd love to know more.