real time web analytics
Report - - Easington Colliery Junior Schools - Co. Durham - May 2016 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Easington Colliery Junior Schools - Co. Durham - May 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Krypton

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The Easington Colliery Junior School was constructed in the early 1900's in the Baroque style. The two identical buildings are unmissable, imposingly standing proudly on a large plot on the main road through the town. Built with a capacity for over 600 pupils in each gender seperate building, the schools demise came in the early 90's particulary after the closure of the pit in 1993. A new more modern and much smaller school was built and these two buildings became redundant.

After much discussion over their future, planning permission has been granted for demolition and the building of 35 houses.

27286444521_f7534817e2_c.jpg

26750673553_e71659dfe3_c.jpg

26750671753_e753c40d4e_c.jpg

27323506786_cc879e2c2c_c.jpg

26750670853_ebcc44f557_c.jpg

27357024445_589b3b4951_c.jpg

27081508080_28280e8a01_c.jpg

27259182282_834406c01e_c.jpg

26749571614_575be66ecb_c.jpg

Krypton :)

jake carley

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
awesome,ive seen alot up there going to check out the school and the working mans club followed by the beck

KieranT95

28DL Member
28DL Member
Excellent stuff! I've always wondered what they looked like inside! Being 21 years old and from the neighbouring village, those schools have always been derelict whenever I have passed!

I have a quick question for anybody to answer really, as this is the main reason I have signed up to the forum and I am not sure where I should ask (I have lurked though everynow and again). In Horden a couple of miles down the road, there is a derelict old pub on the corner of Warren Street and Sunderland Road, locally known as the 'Trust'. It was originally called the Horden Hotel and I believe it closed in the late 90's. Like I say, I've skimmed this forum a few times but I haven't seen any reports or pictures for this place and I'd love to see what its like inside.

Now i'm no urban explorer, I wouldn't know where to start but to me it seems pretty secure. Does anybody know of this place and has anybody had a go? Particularly if anybody is local to the area on this thread. Perhaps it could be a decent suggestion if nobody has yet had a look! ;)

Cheers. What a great site this is by the way.

Krypton

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I know where you mean and have looked before and as you say it's very secure. Probably not that interesting inside either unfortunately.

Excellent stuff! I've always wondered what they looked like inside! Being 21 years old and from the neighbouring village, those schools have always been derelict whenever I have passed!

I have a quick question for anybody to answer really, as this is the main reason I have signed up to the forum and I am not sure where I should ask (I have lurked though everynow and again). In Horden a couple of miles down the road, there is a derelict old pub on the corner of Warren Street and Sunderland Road, locally known as the 'Trust'. It was originally called the Horden Hotel and I believe it closed in the late 90's. Like I say, I've skimmed this forum a few times but I haven't seen any reports or pictures for this place and I'd love to see what its like inside.

Now i'm no urban explorer, I wouldn't know where to start but to me it seems pretty secure. Does anybody know of this place and has anybody had a go? Particularly if anybody is local to the area on this thread. Perhaps it could be a decent suggestion if nobody has yet had a look! ;)

Cheers. What a great site this is by the way.

Racymatz

28DL Member
28DL Member
Does anyone know if you can still access the school? The trust is heavily secure I pass it everyday

jake carley

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Does anyone know if you can still access the school? The trust is heavily secure I pass it everyday
I visited late November and access was SUPER easy, on the side facing the main road there was an open gate, once on the site both main doors to the buildings were open. If on this occasion the gate il locked on the other side of the site the fence
Is really low, not that difficult to get past. I'd go ASAP before development starts