real time web analytics
East Ridings Secret Resisitance 1940-1944 | Books and Media | 28DaysLater.co.uk

East Ridings Secret Resisitance 1940-1944

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Runner

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
East Ridings Secret Resisitance 1940-1944
by Alan Williamson
Middleton Press 2004
ISBN 1 904474 21 7

Details the set up and operation of the secret army in the East Riding. Draws on interviews with surviving members of the patrols , more importantly it records the surviving archeology of the secret armys bases and hides in this area.

Bunk3r

28DL Memb3r
28DL Full Member
is this the Auxiliary Units? according to the DOB database there are a few around our area, only problem is the coordinated are often well off so they take some finding, I've not had chance to even start looking. does the book detail any coordinated I know some of the ones for down south do and hte DOB database is far from complete (and there are no complete records on the Auxiliary units with them been secret and all!)

Raddog

28DL Full Member
Bunk3r, I've got that book and it's really good, it's all about holderness and the wolds, it's got grid references and descriptions of the hides that sound pretty accurate\easy to follow, I'd definately be getting hold of a copy if I was up your way...

Bunk3r

28DL Memb3r
28DL Full Member
^thanks mate, its one of those things that sat on the back burner for years, I started urbex because i found an interest in war stuff then got caught up in the fun of urbex and went off the war stuff, I will locate myself a copy and it should respark something.

Runner

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yeah, it's about the Aux Units - it's a pretty good read especially early on it where it describes the set up, the later chapters give details of the individual patrols.
Can't see any grid refs in the copy I've got; there's some pretty good desriptions of the locations though.
Even with grid refs these things are pretty hard to find - they were well hidden and 70 yrs growth around them doesn't help. I spent a couple of evenings this summer looking for 2 posts within 100yds of each other with grid refs and a GPS - still haven't found them :crazy

If you PM with the posts you're interested in, I'll scan them in and send em.

Bunk3r

28DL Memb3r
28DL Full Member
^no worries I'm going to get myself down to the library tomorrow night.

Who has read this thread (Total: 1) View details