real time web analytics
Report - - EdgeHill University Campus, Chorley, Lancashire (September 2023) | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - EdgeHill University Campus, Chorley, Lancashire (September 2023)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

SPK LilDopey

28DL Member
28DL Member
We ended up stumbling upon this after noticing it seemed empty every time we’d seen it, I’m not sure how long it’s been closed for, but I can only presume it was at the beginning of the pandemic as I believe it was used as a testing zone.

2FBB6405-E34F-4DB0-A367-6B1DBFC201B2.jpeg

(Image of campus from afar)

Upon entering the campus we were greeted with a security camera shouting at us that were ‘being monitored’. We decided to go around through the bushes but it made no difference as there were more cameras around the campus. We came to realise that these cameras do not alert the police, so your free to just ignore them and keep on going.

10625A7E-8FD9-43B6-A646-91096ABE081F.jpeg

(Image of university entrance)

We ended up doing a full loop off the college and ending up at the entrance. I won’t explain how we got in as the building is already very decayed and has live wires all around.

E919E788-B43E-4B56-9B8F-9B5463CB650F.jpeg

(Image of entrance from inside)

Once inside the college, we navigated our way through dorms to the main entrance.

5060F4B5-F713-4400-8945-CF4F5F74A05E.jpeg

(Image of ‘bar and lounge’)

We found some signs leering us to a bar and lounge but it was just a empty room with a few monitors in it, I presume it was alot more glamourise as it once was but it was still quite interesting to see.

AD883C9C-E116-4C36-ACBF-2137D4928409.jpeg

(Image of kitchen area)

After walking through the bar and lounge we found ourself in a small kitchen witch I can only presume provided food for the uni.

4D2448CF-1D80-4117-892F-91A6EBE7D3C5.jpeg

(Image of hallway)

There was a lot of hallways but I must say this was the nicest looking one, probably one of the few that still has working lights and the ceiling attached.

C0A2D1FA-5F1F-4433-B4DE-EC25ED2581F1.jpeg

(Image of hallway light)

58398666-1D71-4823-A54E-155288F57812.jpeg

(Image of dorms from inside)

The dorms as I mentioned earlier where quite empty and littered with cctv (on the outside).

5D4BDBC6-F2F1-4F99-9CDE-A5820728466D.jpeg

(Image of dorm room)

The dorm rooms were well and truly gone beyond repair, they were absolutely disgusting and littered with mold.

4A039256-292B-4EFA-BFAD-C4D86B5796B2.jpeg

(Image of dorm stairway)

Just like the dorms the stairway was knackered. After this we decided to leave, but if your up for it there’s still a little left to explore, although I’ll be honest it doesn’t seem to worth it.

The_Raw

Staff member
Not a bad first report. Just needs the month and year of your visit in the title please.

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Welcome to 28dl.
I am a little confused about this site. I tried to find some history/reason for closing etc. Edge hill University Lancaster has a really long interesting history, but is a lot older than this building? I read "Edge Hill University is a campus-based public university in Ormskirk, Lancashire, England, which opened in 1885 as Edge Hill College, the first non-denominational teacher training college for women in England, before admitting its first male students in 1959.[3] In 2005, Edge Hill was granted Taught Degree Awarding Powers by the Privy Council and became Edge Hill University on 18 May 2006."

This seems, like either a rebuild or separate part altogether. Closing in 2015. Either way, it made me research some pretty cool reading. :thumb

MrDevla

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I’m fairly certain this used to be called Woodlands Conference Centre and was managed by Lancashire Country Council. It was in a fairly bad state when I did some work there 7 year back and needed a lot spending on it then. This’ll likely be a housing estate in a few years......

Crazy cargirl

28DL Member
28DL Member
I’ve been waiting for this to come up for some time. Lancashire college is the part you show here. It was used for many educational training purposes. It closed in around 2015 I think. There was also the edge hill library (not shown here) and also woodlands conference centre (also not shown here) that was used for teacher in service training (single story building to the back). I have been here many times for training and it was very sad when it closed. During the pandemic a Covid testing centre was set up on the car park. Prior to this it was a ‘field hospital’ with a very interesting history. It is planned that housing will be put on there very soon. I’m sure there are squatters in there, windows open or closed police visit occasionally. So sad to see it in a sorry state.

urb3xer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This is a great report, I have been eyeing up this place for a while now as I pass it almost every day. I had a look on Google maps and it seems that the car park was always full on the street view pictures until around 2018, but then as mentioned, it was a Covid testing site in 2020-21. I haven't had the chance to visit yet, but I will definetly be going to this place, along with the abandoned library and the massive woods behind it in the near future.

urb3xer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I also forgot to mention in my first comment, a few weeks ago some travellers were in the back car park and set fire to one of the back buildings so I don't know whether all the things will still be there.

Crazy cargirl

28DL Member
28DL Member
The part shown in this report is now fenced off and all boarded up, the kitchen has gone, the dorms mostly gone too. Looks dangerous from what can be seen from the road. :( I also found some plans online for building.

Who has read this thread (Total: 194) View details