real time web analytics
Report - - Derby & Hartley University Buildings, Liverpool Dec 2020, Jan 2021 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Derby & Hartley University Buildings, Liverpool Dec 2020, Jan 2021

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Shaun

28DL Regular User
28DL Full Member
History
The buildings are part of the university of Liverpool historical campus and date back to 1905. The building is an amalgamation of the two historically separate buildings, engineering, biology and archaeology was all taught across the floors with two main lecture theatres shared, since this post the building has forgone extensive restoration work and will soon be back in use.

Explore
There was a time just before the lockdown where everything in the center of Liverpool was fairly easy to access, including here, 051, Fruit exchange, Irish rooms and ABC with the lack of stuff to do at the weekend during COVID id just seem to hop site to site every couple days around Christmas time trying to see if anyone had missed anything. Them days are now long gone as the world has reopened. To say I spent hours in here was an understatement but I know i never explored the whole place. Enough waffle and here's some of the more decent pictures I've taken.

(Forgot to mention i have a 2019 report here Derby and Hartley University buildings, Knowledge quarter, Liverpool, Oct 19 | Other Sites) but this largely covers what I missed in that.

DSC_0839.png

DSC_0841.png

DSC_0471.png

DSC_0469.png

DSC_0474.png

DSC_0462.png

DSC_0468.png

DSC_0464.png

DSC_0479.png

DSC_0480(1).png

DSC_0481.png

DSC_0482.png

DSC_0483.png

DSC_0490.png

DSC_0494.png

DSC_0664.png

DSC_0567.png

DSC_0452.png

Last edited:

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Some lovely features here. I like the rounded windows and oval stairs case and of course that spiral stair case is classic. I bet restoration work took a while.