real time web analytics
Report - - Elster Jeavons Engineering, Tipton 2010 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Elster Jeavons Engineering, Tipton 2010

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Rookinella

I should have danced all night
28DL Full Member
Visited with Raddog, Dweeb and Laura.

Mid way through this year, we had a day of mooching round some local sites for good laughs and frolicks. I remember the weather being awful but the day brightened up by BigJohns and light-heavy industry.

There are lots of things to poke in Jeavons if you like that sort of thing, e.g. still half-full pots of grease and paint. If you are a habitual button presser like myself, you would have been in your elephant.

Jeavons did gas control engineering! (whatever that is....)

_DSC0235.jpg

_DSC0247-1.jpg

_DSC0246-1.jpg

_DSC0245-1.jpg

_DSC0244.jpg

_DSC0243.jpg

_DSC0242.jpg

_DSC0240-1.jpg

_DSC0237.jpg

_DSC0236.jpg

_DSC0234.jpg

_DSC0233.jpg

_DSC0232.jpg

_DSC0230.jpg

_DSC0229.jpg

_DSC0226.jpg

_DSC0224.jpg

_DSC0223.jpg

_DSC0221.jpg

_DSC0219.jpg

DaveHarris

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I worked there from 1988 to 1997 and looked after the computers for the offices a the factory.

The gas control is basically regulates the flow of gas to be even rather than lumpy when it arrives at the point where it is used, for example your house. There will be one of these next to your gas meter (perhaps a J77). If you have a gas cooker there may also be a small one inside. Without a regulator the gas flame would be going up and down all the time rather than an even flame.

The place didn’t change much in the time I was there and closed 9 years later. Some people worked there their entire lives. It was on the brink for many years really so the closure was inevitable.

The wooden staircase pictured was lethal and I slipped on there loads of times!

I had fond memories of this company as my first full time job and it took me out of boyhood into a man.

Happy to answer any questions anyone has.