real time web analytics
Report - - EuroDerp - September 2012 (Pic Heavy) | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - EuroDerp - September 2012 (Pic Heavy)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Humpa

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This is my take on a few sites in Belgium

This was an awesome trip compiling of sleeping on sketchy campsites, almost dying in Brussels, and lots of 10% EuroDerp Lager ;)
Visited with Baj, Baronvon, DemonHunter, Scattergun, Ravenwing93 ad Ruby H Smith

Rail Gun

Technically a Museum but its still cool non the less :thumb

IMG_0716.jpg

IMG_0719.jpg

Up next was Hasard Cheratte :)

Bit of History
This coal mine, located in the heart of the town of Cheratte, dates back to the 1860s, and was one of the numerous mines in the Liège coal basin. The main buildings consists of a tall, castle-like winding tower over shaft #1, which is connected to two similar looking wings, which held washrooms and other related facilities. A low laying building in the center of the facility served as a lamp room and charging area. The remains of a tower can be seen on the hill behind the mine, which sits over the shaft "Puits Hognée," and was used to transport waste materials. The imposing concrete winding tower sits over shaft #3, which is the deepest shaft at this facility (480 meters).

The mine has been closed since 1977, and has remained undisturbed for the most part. It has been designated as a Belgian protected landmark, which equates to fencing, signs, and nothing else.

We arrived sharpish to meet Baj, Ravenwing, Scattergun and Baronvon and after walking up the road, Gomez arrived and let us in for a minor fee ;)

IMG_0951.jpg
IMG_0963.jpg

IMG_0977.jpg

IMG_0978.jpg

IMG_0979.jpg

IMG_0987.jpg

IMG_1014.jpg

IMG_0998.jpg

After this we had a chat to see what was the best plan as Noisy was tomorrow. After a bit we decided driving to Dinant would be a suitable idea and oh boy was it ;) we stayed in the same hotel as Baron and Scattergun where after some 10% Lager, shit started to get amusing :D

View from Hotel
IMG_1026.jpg

Originally we were going to get up early and be at Noisy for about 7ish. Did this happen? Did it fuck :p: 3 hours later than planned we all arrived at Noisy, heads a bit sore :( After a wander through the woods we arrived :D

IMG_1122.jpg

IMG_1041.jpg

IMG_1046.jpg

IMG_1047.jpg

IMG_1050.jpg
IMG_1059.jpg

IMG_1076.jpg

IMG_1090.jpg

This was our last explore as a massive group as Scattergun and Baronvon had a plane to catch :( was a pleasure meeting you guys.
After a smoke and bottle of chocovit we headed off towards Charleroi in search of IM Powerstation.

...to be continued...