real time web analytics
28DL and UE in the News - Excellent piece & New pictures on BT Anchor Exchange in Birmingham by The B'ham Post | 28DL and Urban Exploring in the News... | Page 5 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

28DL and UE in the News Excellent piece & New pictures on BT Anchor Exchange in Birmingham by The B'ham Post

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

nokiaman

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
they do rent one area to back up server silos. i know this as my current role is with a certain government department, I have DV clearance. Thanks for your note

How on earth did you get through DV clearance posting messages like this!

Cairn terrier

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nothing I have stated is restricited or TS, in fact open on many websites. anchor is not a secret location,it is merely kept quiet for health and safety reasons.

nokiaman

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nothing I have stated is restricited or TS, in fact open on many websites. anchor is not a secret location,it is merely kept quiet for health and safety reasons.

Absolute rubbish, and if you are DV cleared as you state you are, then you know as well as i do that the information you have posted wether true or not would at the very least be considered restricted or subject to a NDA, and you would be in clear breech of your clearance. Please kindly support your post by providing the website details that backup your claim.

Cairn terrier

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Well, you clearly don't understand the boundaries of classifications. If it is in the open domains as I stated earlier then there are no faults. Try looking at the website subterranean Britannia or just type anchor, you will see everything there! My clearance had no correlation to anchor or anything to do with it. I respect the vocation and under no circumstances would breach the classification rules. My DV lapses in August due to another opportunity back in the private sector,and the role was very boring nothing exciting at all.

Last edited:

Punk

Punkus Explorus
28DL Full Member
Thanks for the update, on the subterranean Britannia there are pictures of the main areas of the tunnel I.e lift shaft underwater. My wife worked with academics at the university of Birmingham back in 2008 who looked at the study to use as an underground transport system, £2 million later the study concluded the water rising due to various factories closing caused the tunnels to be flooded and unstable,BT were and are trying to sell the tunnels to any interested parties, they do rent one area to back up server silos. i know this as my current role is with a certain government department, I have DV clearance. Thanks for your note

mmm. Really?!?!

Again, really?!?!

Well, you clearly don't understand the boundaries of classifications. If it is in the open domains as I stated earlier then there are no faults. Try looking at the website subterranean Britannia or just type anchor, you will see everything there! My clearance had no correlation to anchor or anything to do with it. I respect the vocation and under no circumstances would breach the classification rules. My DV lapses in August due to another opportunity back in the private sector,and the role was very boring nothing exciting at all.

Once again.

If you, indeed, do work for a 'certain government department', they WILL be monitoring your online activity. Also, considering your 'profession', what is your motive for joining the forum?

Cairn terrier

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Again, really?!?!

Once again.

If you, indeed, do work for a 'certain government department', they WILL be monitoring your online activity. Also, considering your 'profession', what is your motive for joining the forum?[/QUOTE]
Used to work for a not very interesting
mmm. Really?!?!

Again, really?!?!

Once again.

If you, indeed, do work for a 'certain government department', they WILL be monitoring your online activity. Also, considering your 'profession', what is your motive for joining the forum?

Used to work for them, back in private sector now, my motive is the interest of underground structures, subbrit.org has a lot on Anchor or did have.

lutheaus

28DL Member
28DL Member
hi guys i am genuinely try to write a detailed article about anchor exchange so if anybody is free to talk about it please message me,
thanks for your time.

convictedvapour

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Some more info to add to this topic. Spoken to someone who used to be an apprentice down within the anchor and this is what he told me: "I walked the length of most of the tunnels back in the day. One came out at a large manhole close to the Reference Library via a deep shaft + numerous steel steps. As an apprentice I had to fit trunking to the side of the shaft down to heavy transformer / generating equipment in the base. "

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
Some more info to add to this topic. Spoken to someone who used to be an apprentice down within the anchor and this is what he told me: "I walked the length of most of the tunnels back in the day. One came out at a large manhole close to the Reference Library via a deep shaft + numerous steel steps. As an apprentice I had to fit trunking to the side of the shaft down to heavy transformer / generating equipment in the base. "

crack on then you have a manhole location get lifting

Who has read this thread (Total: 255) View details