real time web analytics
Experienced in Mine Exploration | General Exploring Chat Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Experienced in Mine Exploration

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

OutlawExplorer

Aut inveniam viat aut faciam
28DL Full Member
I would really appreciate if someone with a good amount of experience exploring mines could get in touch.

Live in an area with a lot of mines, I’ve managed to find several unsealed entrances.

Essentially looking to be pointed in the right direction of research materials, equipment safety mitigation etc, not looking for a tour guide, just knowledge and experience.

alex17595

Down t'pit
Regular User
Roughly what area are you looking at? The advice varies massively depending on mine types.

OutlawExplorer

28DL Full Member
Yessir. All the entrances I’ve seen that are unsealed are usually marked off by the Coal Authority.

Here’s an example

7F3CD610-BF8B-4D08-9509-B9E6C73F4013.jpeg

D883027E-467F-46A9-B721-1C5B90649246.jpeg

ExplorerF

28DL Member
28DL Member
There is a good cave out by beecraigs country park, west lothian. I was in it just yesterday, the mine is easy to get into an explore. There is already reports on this mine of the website and a few videos of it can be found online. I do not have much experience with caving, more experience with rock climbing but found interest in doing some caving. However, in my opinion the cave is relatively safe, no sign of roof or walls collapsing (Is an old limestone mine). It can be a little muddy but is a good size, has many large accessible rooms and does have a short crawl if your brave enough. If you need more details (Not location, im sure you can find that online) I can try my best to help. Have a look at Report - - Hillhouse Limestone Mine, Scotland - September 2017 | Mines and Quarries

OutlawExplorer

28DL Full Member
There is a good cave out by beecraigs country park, west lothian. I was in it just yesterday, the mine is easy to get into an explore. There is already reports on this mine of the website and a few videos of it can be found online. I do not have much experience with caving, more experience with rock climbing but found interest in doing some caving. However, in my opinion the cave is relatively safe, no sign of roof or walls collapsing (Is an old limestone mine). It can be a little muddy but is a good size, has many large accessible rooms and does have a short crawl if your brave enough. If you need more details (Not location, im sure you can find that online) I can try my best to help. Have a look at Report - - Hillhouse Limestone Mine, Scotland - September 2017 | Mines and Quarries
Thank you very much.

wormster

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
If the levels have been sealed by the Coal Authority - KEEP OUT the places are frickin dangerous

Fidel

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I would really appreciate if someone with a good amount of experience exploring mines could get in touch.

Live in an area with a lot of mines, I’ve managed to find several unsealed entrances.

Essentially looking to be pointed in the right direction of research materials, equipment safety mitigation etc, not looking for a tour guide, just knowledge and experience.
Hello, I'm familiar with the area and have done quite a bit of mine exploring. I don't think I'm able to send personal messages, but feel free to send me an email if you like: [email protected]

pirate

Rum Swigger
28DL Full Member
Coal is the last thing you want to start exploring with no experience.

To explore safely you’re going to have to spend a lot of money on equipment and the reward is very rarely worth it,you never get far in as the 4gas will start singing.

If you don’t know what you are doing it’s likely you will die

Go find some easier,less life threatening mines for a few years and then rethink.

wormster

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Coal is the last thing you want to start exploring with no experience

Go find some easier,less life threatening mines for a few years and then rethink.
You are not wrong my friend, even after 40 odd years of doing silly things, abandoned coal measures are still a GBFO nope!!

OutlawExplorer

28DL Full Member
Coal is the last thing you want to start exploring with no experience.

To explore safely you’re going to have to spend a lot of money on equipment and the reward is very rarely worth it,you never get far in as the 4gas will start singing.

If you don’t know what you are doing it’s likely you will die

Thank you for the honest take. It’s not something I’ve had a massive desire to do, more just opportunity that has arisen.

I would probably bottle it as soon as it got dark anyway.