real time web analytics
28DL and UE in the News - Explorer finds remains of the Soviet Space Shuttle Program- Baikonur Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan | 28DL and Urban Exploring in the News... | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

28DL and UE in the News Explorer finds remains of the Soviet Space Shuttle Program- Baikonur Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Robbie414

28DL Member
28DL Member
Direct Link: http://ralphmirebs.livejournal.com/219949.html

0_cbbde_a04689ea_orig.jpg

Quite a find for this guy! http://www.boredpanda.com/abandoned...-baikonur-cosmodrome-kazakhstan-ralph-mirebs/

Quoted from article:

Ralph Mirebs, an urban explorer and photographer in Russia, has revealed extraordinary photos of Soviet space shuttle prototypes gathering dust in an abandoned hangar in Kazakhstan.

The abandoned hangar is located at the Baikonur Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan, which is still in operation today (with the close of NASA’s shuttle program, Russian Soyuz shuttles are the only way for astronauts to reach the International Space Station). The Buran prototype shuttles found by Mirebs, however, are from an earlier era – they are the last remnants of a space program that began in 1974 and was finally shuttered in 1993. The only operational Buran shuttle, Orbiter 1K1, completed one unmanned orbital flight before it was grounded. Unfortunately, this shuttle was destroyed in a hangar collapse in 2002.

Hi everyone, first post here....very long time lurker!

Looks like this has had an update. I'm not a fan of urbex videos but this one is on a whole different level to most!

Cheers
Robbie

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Sorry to be seriously late on this but I'm 90% sure it wasn't a permission visit. On red bull TV there is a whole URBEX series and one episode featured this

Just because it's on TV doesn't mean that they haven't fudged the truth, if anything it probably means they've fudged it more.

These are on an active base that sends everything up to the ISS as well as other satellites and stuff, anyone who says they have done it non-permission is likely talking out of their backsides to make themselves sound cooler.

Tobymizzi

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Just because it's on TV doesn't mean that they haven't fudged the truth, if anything it probably means they've fudged it more.

These are on an active base that sends everything up to the ISS as well as other satellites and stuff, anyone who says they have done it non-permission is likely talking out of their backsides to make themselves sound cooler.
OK tbh that's fair enough I don't know 100% so it's only a guess

Bugsuperstar

Irresponsible & Reckless
Regular User
I'm pretty certain this place has been done without permission.

The video might be like but it's been done by others.

m9

big in japan
Regular User

We did it without permission and we're far from the only ones, tonnes of Russians have been and a few europeans. We also got caught due to, believe it or not, another group of Russian explorers who had made the 2 day trek on the same day we did, so its probably quite a highly visited thing amongst the explorers in the post-soviet states. The base is about 100km square and is mostly desert so its possible (albeit a little intense) to move around it undetected at night.

https://testchamber.net/space-jam-pizdetz-in-baikonur/

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
We did it without permission and we're far from the only ones, tonnes of Russians have been and a few europeans. We also got caught due to, believe it or not, another group of Russian explorers who had made the 2 day trek on the same day we did, so its probably quite a highly visited thing amongst the explorers in the post-soviet states. The base is about 100km square and is mostly desert so its possible (albeit a little intense) to move around it undetected at night.

https://testchamber.net/space-jam-pizdetz-in-baikonur/

Fair play - most of the early accounts I have read turned out to be permission/paid visits. Whichever way it's done it's still on my bucket list :cool:

UrbanBergen

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Fair play - most of the early accounts I have read turned out to be permission/paid visits. Whichever way it's done it's still on my bucket list :cool:
Abit late to reply maybe haha, but not true about payed visits. I went last year illegally through the desert and spent 2 nights there before heading back. We had a Lithuanian guy with us that had visited the rocket launch legal. But when he asked to see the space shuttles they declined and told him that was not possible. It's a hard fucking trip and alot of planning and luck comes with it. We both had helicopters and military patrolling. Luckily for us the helicopter was just over our heads when we spent the night in the hangar. But on our way back we had a military Cade that followed parts of a rocket on the train rail. Main reason why I got bit by a fucking snake in the leg. But hey. Atleast adventure for life.

Who has read this thread (Total: 140) View details