real time web analytics
Report - - Farleigh Down Tunnel March 2010 | Mines and Quarries | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Farleigh Down Tunnel March 2010

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

vwdirtboy

Keeuunnntt!
28DL Full Member
Monkton Farleigh Ammunition Depot - Farleigh Down Tunnel

Attending: Toad, Madmikey and Myself

Apologies for picture quality.. took the point and shoot for lightweightness lazy fat fuckeritis.

For all you locals, sorry for posting.. But.. I don't believe it will be here much longer as there has been much demolished on the surface. Currently the tunnel outer has been exposed not far from the entrance and possible flattening may commence without warning. If you have the chance to visit i suggest you do so soon!

This tunnel basically links the main line with monkton Farleigh Ammo Dept via a !.2 mile long tunnel at an incline of approx 12 degree's.. It enters thru a slope shaft then kicks to the left into a marshalling area. Along almost the entire length of the tunnell has a powered conveyor system used to transfer the ammo from trackside to underground storage.

At the far end of the tunnel there is a quadruple layered breezeblock wall with 5mm steel sheeting between. The other side would lead directly into Monkton Farleigh Quarry.. Some canny hector has had a right old smash and managed to make it all the way thru! :thumb The other side has been back filled with as much scrap metal as you could imagine and the way on is completely blocked :gay

The old girl has been well chavved and trashed over the years.. Pikeys have had copious amounts of iron conveyor and other metal work and the transformer has had its guts ripped out. But all in all if you removed the crap and spraypaint she'd look half tidy!

Toad couldn't resist a slide down the conveyor on a coolbox lid.. almost impaled his family jewels on a sly misplaced roller..lol! :banghead

DSC03831bcs.jpg

DSC03825bcs.jpg

DSC03832bcs.jpg

DSC03815s.jpg

DSC03823bcs.jpg

DSC03821s.jpg

DSC03820s.jpg

DSC03810s.jpg

DSC03790bcs.jpg

DSC03788s.jpg

DSC03793ss.jpg

DSC03792ss.jpg