real time web analytics
Report - - Fawley Power Station Control Room - July 2022 | UK Power Stations | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Fawley Power Station Control Room - July 2022

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Imba

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
So I was passing by Southampton a few days back and an opportunity arose to check what was left of the beautiful looking control room at Fawley... This isn't a particularly huge report as I'm sure a lot of you are already familiar with the station, it's demolition progress etc. I'd heard that they had started taking down the bridge, but didn't expect the insides to be in this condition.

It's a pretty sad sight to see, but I thought some of you would be interested in seeing the current state of the place before the building itself is knocked down...

It was just a very quick visit and I didn't exactly come prepared (I did not expect to find such an easy way in lol), so the best I've got are these phone shots. I think they give a pretty clear indication of what the place is like now though.

And now for what remains of the control room...

And the saddest part about all of this? It appears that the guts were ripped out and have been left outside as scrap.

RIP Fawley Power Station control room, you didn't deserve to be left like this!

Again, apologies for not having much more context to this report. However I think it's nice for people to see it in the final days, and I'm not sure we'll see many more pictures of interest from now...

Wally_urbex

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
That's a sad sight. Didn't realise there was actually anything left of this place. Nicely covered

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Really sad to see such a unique station control room like this. Thanks for the update. Photos came out good :thumb

KPUrban_

Surprisingly Unsurprising
Regular User
Sad to see it like that. Thankfull to have seen it before this.

That being said, it would have nice to see them keep it in a similar fashion to batterseas' control room.

Last edited:

Terminal Decline

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Man that's depressing. If any small section of one of the big power stations were to be preserved it should have been Fawley's control room. Never got to see inside the bloody thing despite making six separate trips there while the whole station was more intact. Thanks for the update.

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
Basically the equivalent of them ripping out Battersea in the 80s for me.. Worse even!

The_Raw

Staff member
Wow. That is absolutely soul destroying. Does anyone know what they're planning to build in its place?

Who has read this thread (Total: 312) View details