real time web analytics
Video Report - - Featherstone Ammunition Filling Factory | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Video Report - Featherstone Ammunition Filling Factory

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Ben Rolfe

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi All,

Today I took a trip to an abandoned WW2 & Cold War Ammunition Filling Factory in Feathersone, West Midlands. This was used to create Ammunition such as Shells, Bombs, Smoke Bombs and even fishing weights.

I will link a video which is 17 minutes long but it goes over most of the site.

I would definitely recommend for you to take a trip there. One room is even haunted!

Regards,

Ben

oldiesDJ

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi All,

Today I took a trip to an abandoned WW2 & Cold War Ammunition Filling Factory in Feathersone, West Midlands. This was used to create Ammunition such as Shells, Bombs, Smoke Bombs and even fishing weights.

I will link a video which is 17 minutes long but it goes over most of the site.

I would definitely recommend for you to take a trip there. One room is even haunted!

Regards,

Ben
Hi Ben, sadly the video wont play for me...says 'this video is private' :-( I'm intrigued though as to which 'room' is haunted. I worked here for over 20 years and there were strong rumours about a ghost there. The building in question was called B15. A very long (80 odd yards), narrow building with a low ceiling. The 'ghost' was normally reported to frequent the southern end. I never saw or heard anything but as I spent so long there, the people reporting the ghost may have been referring to ME!! Lol. Always great to see the old place and thanks to all concerned for the great pictures and reports. :-)

Ben Rolfe

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi Ben, sadly the video wont play for me...says 'this video is private' :-( I'm intrigued though as to which 'room' is haunted. I worked here for over 20 years and there were strong rumours about a ghost there. The building in question was called B15. A very long (80 odd yards), narrow building with a low ceiling. The 'ghost' was normally reported to frequent the southern end. I never saw or heard anything but as I spent so long there, the people reporting the ghost may have been referring to ME!! Lol. Always great to see the old place and thanks to all concerned for the great pictures and reports. :-)

Hi, sorry about the video, here is the working one. I hope you enjoy

oldiesDJ

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi, sorry about the video, here is the working one. I hope you enjoy

Ben a big thank you!
At 1 minute 13...this was one of the newest parts of the site buildings from about 1974ish.At 3:17 the thing on the wall high up was an internal communication system based on a row of coloured lights. Each supervisor had his or her own colour code and you dialed the relevant number, the lights flashed, a horn sounded and you/they dialed up to contact that person, or vice versa.At 3:45 that's a furnace brick being held, could withstand very high temperatures.4:08 more comms lights and below it the production board, said how well, or badly we were doing lol.9:54 was, as far as I recall a storage area for items to be sent off site.Back in the late 60's you couldn't just walk in to a major building, you had to get past a security chap sat behind a desk who signed you in and out. So, there was often a pedestrian door leading to a small room maybe 12' square with a desk and a chair then another door leading into the building proper.10:41 theres a number over the door frame, 5C14. Every department had a number like that.15 mins. Took me a while to work out what those blue round things were lol. They were fishing split-shot containers. Yes they made lead free fishing weights too.15:30 or so your back where you started. There were bits I don't recognise but I haven't been there since 1991. Hope you and others find this info interesting, if not, sorry to bore you :-) There are things I dare not discuss due to the official secrets act.
Congrats for an excellent video. Brought back good memories but real sad to see how it has degenerated now. Again..thanks from...Moss

Ben Rolfe

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ben a big thank you!
At 1 minute 13...this was one of the newest parts of the site buildings from about 1974ish.At 3:17 the thing on the wall high up was an internal communication system based on a row of coloured lights. Each supervisor had his or her own colour code and you dialed the relevant number, the lights flashed, a horn sounded and you/they dialed up to contact that person, or vice versa.At 3:45 that's a furnace brick being held, could withstand very high temperatures.4:08 more comms lights and below it the production board, said how well, or badly we were doing lol.9:54 was, as far as I recall a storage area for items to be sent off site.Back in the late 60's you couldn't just walk in to a major building, you had to get past a security chap sat behind a desk who signed you in and out. So, there was often a pedestrian door leading to a small room maybe 12' square with a desk and a chair then another door leading into the building proper.10:41 theres a number over the door frame, 5C14. Every department had a number like that.15 mins. Took me a while to work out what those blue round things were lol. They were fishing split-shot containers. Yes they made lead free fishing weights too.15:30 or so your back where you started. There were bits I don't recognise but I haven't been there since 1991. Hope you and others find this info interesting, if not, sorry to bore you :-) There are things I dare not discuss due to the official secrets act.
Congrats for an excellent video. Brought back good memories but real sad to see how it has degenerated now. Again..thanks from...Moss

Moss, Thank you kindly for the info. The haunted room i experienced was at 15:10, the same room the fishing weight cases were in. I clipped out the part where i realised we were not alone but ill see if i have he raw clip and ill upload it and share it privately with you. We were the only ones on site and as i pointed the camera towards kyle, the chap i was with, there was a loud footstep noise coming from up above, the camera just about picks it up i think but ill enhance the audio if i can.

That is the reason we exited the room otherwise we would have explored deeper in to the machinery room behind. I would definitely recommend you take a trip back at some point. Its worth the visit.

My profile picture is me sat one one of the toilets in the dorms.

Thanks kindly, Ben

Whitebikerguyq

28DL Member
28DL Member
I live not far from this place been in almost every building if not all of them, also had fun riding motocross bikes in and out of the buildings
I could go there and take a few pics I'm interested in the haunted building b15 I carnt recall seeing any building numbers but never really looked

I'm from Wolverhampton my self and love exploring me and a friend have found a few building I will take a few pics and post them on here