real time web analytics
Report - - Ferrybridge C Power Station, June 2020 | UK Power Stations | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Ferrybridge C Power Station, June 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

UrbanDoll

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I'll not go into detail as much for the history of this place as we all know it pretty well. After tackling the other few power stations I decided it'd only be fair to give Ferrybridge a nosey before it got completely torn apart. Especially considering its very close to home.

History

In the 1960s, Ferrybridge C power station was opened with a generating capacity of 2 GW from four 500 MW sets; constructed by Central Electricity Generating Board (CEGB) in 1965; on privatisation in 1989 ownership was passed to Powergen, then to Edison Mission Energy (1999), then to AEP Energy Services (American Electric Power) (2001) and to SSE plc (2004). C power station closed in March 2016

Explore

As I said above, this was a last effort to see the place before it's gone. I'm really happy that I managed too as well as it really did not disappoint. The control room is just so beautiful and although the turbines are half ripped apart, and 2 are missing, it was still a great explore.

IMG_3800.jpg

A view of Eggborough and Drax

IMG_3797.jpg

A view of a couple of already demolished towers.

IMG_3783-HDR.jpg

IMG_3779-HDR.jpg

One turbine still looking decent

IMG_3775-HDR.jpg

IMG_3774.jpg

One a little sorry for itself.

IMG_3712.jpg

IMG_3703-HDR.jpg

IMG_3773.jpg

IMG_3764.jpg

IMG_3725-HDR.jpg

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
Humm i really need to make the effort for the control room here.. Are the fuel mills still intact? i seem to remember the row of those being a pretty epic sight.. might be in darkness now i guess!

UrbanDoll

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Humm i really need to make the effort for the control room here.. Are the fuel mills still intact? i seem to remember the row of those being a pretty epic sight.. might be in darkness now i guess!

The photos here are the only parts i bothered with, the site is a mess and a lot of rubble/builders machinery. You should get it done soon! Don't think it'll last much longer. I too only went for the control room. It's one of the best by far

UrbanDoll

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Great view of Eggborough and Drax now the cooling towers have gone, think I'll have to make another revisit before it goes completely.
@Speed the doorways were open at either end of the PF mills when I went in September, certainly an impressive site
_DSC0629 3.jpg

Wow. I should have looked!

Exploring with Andy

Behind Closed Doors
Staff member
These were posted by a worker about a month ago.