real time web analytics
Report - - Ford Motor Company Former HQ - Trafford House Basildon - August 2015 | High Stuff | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Ford Motor Company Former HQ - Trafford House Basildon - August 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Berserker

Back to it...
28DL Full Member
After hearing about the great views from the roof in the thread @UrbanDuck posted, I decided to check this one out, (Only a year late) even though all I heard about it was that it had been thoroughly locked down tight and that there was no longer a way inside.
It's kind of lucky I left this one a while, because now work is underway and there is scaffolding all around, so we quite easily managed to find a way up to the roof and snap some photos :thumb

Didn't really snap any photos of this building from the outside in it's current state, due to the fact that there were a load of cabbies hanging around at 1am for some reason and a fair few police cars driving around, didn't want to take a chance and ruin my view of the roof, so we just went for it! But it looks like this building is well underway to being turned into another *ahem* amazing block of flats o_O

You've probably all heard the ins and outs about the history of this place so I'm just going to lazily put a link here to @UrbanDuck 's thread, as he's pretty much covered it anyway. (Also check out his pictures, due to the time of my visit, nothing inside was photo worthy and ducks got some pretty good photos, we've all seen what a site looks like before ey)

http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/ford-m...ouse-basildon-august-2014.t91497#post-1069225

Photos

DSC02963.JPG

DSC02964.JPG

DSC02968.JPG
DSC02969.JPG
DSC02970.JPG
DSC02972.JPG
DSC02973.JPG
DSC02978.JPG
DSC02979.JPG
DSC02995.JPG
:thumb:thumb:thumb

Attachments

• DSC02991.JPG
    DSC02991.JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 123
  • DSC02992.JPG
    DSC02992.JPG
    98 KB · Views: 136
  • DSC02994.JPG
    DSC02994.JPG
    98.9 KB · Views: 136
  • DSC02996.JPG
    DSC02996.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 132

Berserker

Back to it...
28DL Full Member
a great place :)

did you get to see the art deco kitchens on the top floor?
To be completely honest no, we just focused on getting to the top to check out the view, most of the building has been ripped out as they are converting into flats, don't think there is anything else left. Didn't want to risk getting caught before we'd seen the view and then we got spooked on the way down so decided to make a swift exit :')

Last edited:

UrbanDuck

Authorised Trespasser
28DL Full Member
Nice work mate and thanks for the acknowledgement, might head back myself at some point for another look :thumb

Berserker

Back to it...
28DL Full Member
Haha quite alright! Credit where credit is due!
I've wanted to try this place and have a look ever since I saw your report on it!

UrbanDuck

Authorised Trespasser
28DL Full Member
Haha quite alright! Credit where credit is due!
I've wanted to try this place and have a look ever since I saw your report on it!
Glad you got in, if you go back it's well worth a look inside - such a massive building. I used to look at the outside from the rail platform before I knew about urbex and wish I could take a peek inside. Probably on my list of top 3 explores from a personal perspective.

Berserker

Back to it...
28DL Full Member
Glad you got in, if you go back it's well worth a look inside - such a massive building. I used to look at the outside from the rail platform before I knew about urbex and wish I could take a peek inside. Probably on my list of top 3 explores from a personal perspective.
Yeah, never looked inside much, just went straight to the top! But from what I could tell, it's being converted into flats and I don't think it looks anything like it did when you went in there, nothing left to see apart from the view at the top!

UrbanDuck

Authorised Trespasser
28DL Full Member
Yeah, never looked inside much, just went straight to the top! But from what I could tell, it's being converted into flats and I don't think it looks anything like it did when you went in there, nothing left to see apart from the view at the top!
Shame :(