real time web analytics
Report - - Four Abandoned Pubs in & around the Midlands – December 2019 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Four Abandoned Pubs in & around the Midlands – December 2019

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

MotionlessMike

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Derelict pubs probably offer the least to the nosey bastard as they’re usually stripped of anything interesting, smashed to bits or full of needles. But here’s four derp pubs from recent trips in and around the midlands area during December.

The Horse & Jockey, Whitchurch, Shropshire

This pub originally started life as three little cottages and apparently the oldest parts date back to 1640 and were expanded in the 17/1800’s. It allegedly closed due to structural issues after a Halloween party in October 2007.

Nice sketch of the pub during its less derelict years

Pleasent!

Up in the attic

The Gate Inn, Warsop, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire

Constructed in the 19th century on the site of an even earlier pub. It’s been closed since summer 2017 and looks set to be replaced with a new Co-op store. Small amount of vandalism and the usual ripped up floorboards upstairs.

Shout out to @Gsxrwayne who thought it was a good idea to open the chest freezer and release the stench of two year old rotting seafood.

Cheshire Lounge / Nags Head, Little Bollington, Altrincham, Cheshire

I really struggled finding much on this one, other than it was called The Nags Head for a while and then before closure known as the Cheshire Lounge. The place is absolutely battered, unsurprisingly as Google Earth shows it surrounded by traveler caravans.

Boat..?

The Miners Arms, Fenton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire

Again, sparse info other than it being a very long standing public house along King Street near the Fenton / Longton boarder which kept catching fire after closure. The upstairs is still there but the staircase is long gone!

Thanks for looking!​

Last edited:

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Pubs are usually very meh, but youve got some really cool snaps there. That canoe! really, wtf lol. Its nice when pumps and bar are in tact and signage is still there. Most pubs are so wreaked, and the rate of closure is ridiculous. But nicely done :thumb

Melsjuk

28DL Member
28DL Member
I’m actually thinking of going! It’s used to be a food pub with a kids play area (the flooded area) the nags head then 3 business men took over and refurbed it spent thousands on it and turned it into the Cheshire lounge a restaurant/cocktail bar/night club huge outdoor smoking area and bar but unfortunately it just never took off they tried all sorts but wrong location I left not long after and I guess eventually they ran out of money And they ran it to the ground and must of shut the doors would of been around 2011! No idea about the mattress’s I know gypsies we’re set up camp there last year so I guess that’s why it’s utterly smashed up!

Five.Claws

General Nuisance
28DL Full Member
I was expecting each one to be way more trashed than they were, all in all I'd say these looked like pretty interesting and worthwhile explores!
Some of those pint prices were very nostalgic...

Who has read this thread (Total: 523) View details