real time web analytics
Report - - Fruit Exchange building, Liverpool, December 2017 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Fruit Exchange building, Liverpool, December 2017

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

stranton

subterranean explorer
Regular User
Been wanting this for a while now, fortunately an opportunity arose
A lot of the original features remain but wont be for long the way they were smashing things.

visited solo & with @Choo Choo m8ty

The building opened in 1888 on Victoria street as a goods warehouse for the London & north western railway,
to serve exchange station on Tithebarn street 1888 - 1950.
Was then converted to a fruit exchange in 1923, by james B Hutchins
it became the main trading point for fruit in Liverpool which came from both Abroad & the UK,
the public would bid for the fruit in the 2 exchange halls or auction rooms.
The warehouses on Mathew street were used to store the fruit being bought & sold.
The building contains 2 grand wood panelled auction rooms & ceramic tiled corridors & stair cases,
is grade 2 listed, closed sometime during the 2000s.
The building is currently owned by cloudbluff properties & is being converted.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

foyer
5.JPG

6.JPG

auction rooms
7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

10.JPG

11.JPG

tiles
12.JPG

13.JPG

14.JPG

15.JPG

16.JPG

17.JPG

18.JPG

19.JPG

thanks stranton

'Splorin'

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
That's a damn fine splore Stranton. Well done.
How long do you estimate before its gone? My wife's family are from up there so perhaps I could get a cheeky trip done whilst visiting them.

urbanchemist

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Very nice - I've been round several similar sites nearby recently but didn't find anything as interesting as this.

Difficult to see a modern use for the auction rooms I suppose although since this one is listed maybe they will have to keep them.

Lavino

28DL Full Member
That’s rather nice. Well done will we be seeing a report from m8ty.

BrainL

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice report! Good to see some more of this building, only ever seen the same two shots on FB, like them tiled walls especially ;)

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Good to see someone post a decent set from here, the rest of the features are much more interesting to look at than the usual one shot wonder of the main room itself 11/10 m9ty :thumb

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Very nice. Wow that dust is thick lol. The auction room looks like a court room , loving the original wood panels etc :cool: