real time web analytics
Report - - Fujitsu Building - Stevenage - July 2012 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Fujitsu Building - Stevenage - July 2012

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

OMJ

Banned
Banned
Hi, I'm new here. This is my first post and my first report. I've been interested in urbex for many years but only got into it properly in March this year. I've hit about 50 sites since then.

I thought I'd start here with a big place that hopefully hasnt been done before.

---------------------------------

This is the OLD fujitsu building (STE09) in Sunny Stevenage. A good few years ago Fujitsu relocated into a different building in Stevenage, but I'm finding it really difficult to track down any information on when and why this happened. I have an old friend who I believe still works for Fujitsu and used to work in the old building, I'm trying to contact them incase they can give me any more details.

Visited with Urban Ghost.

This place has been empty for ages, with an 'Office To Let' sign on it, it's right in the middle of town and right opposite the police station. I guess thats why it's been ignored for so long, and it appeared to be waiting for new tennants and therefore not abandoned.

However, todays visit shows the place to have been stripped bare, most metalwork is gone from under sinks, etc, the place is bare and leaking and not in any condition at all for new tennants :( Nothing left to steal in there so no need to hide the identity.

mini-1.jpg

Straight up 8 flights of stairs to the roof... Not a great start to the day in 'Sunny' Stevenage...

mini-3.jpg

The machine room on the roof, lots of old machines in here, all sitting silent now...

mini-4.jpg

The main office building...

mini-7.jpg

Each floor had one of these strange double doors, both doors open outwards!

mini-8.jpg

mini-10.jpg

mini-13.jpg

Thank god the railings are still there, it's a long way down...

mini-14.jpg

mini-15.jpg

mini-16.jpg

mini-17.jpg

No explore is complete with out our little flying friends...

mini-18.jpg

Stevenages famous '6 Hills'
(Some history on these... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six_Hills )

mini-20.jpg

Nice shower, with view of the railway. Nice for the commuters I guess...?

mini-22.jpg

mini-23.jpg

mini-24.jpg

mini-26.jpg

mini-28.jpg

Lots of these queuing up to escape. Hmmm, should pressurised containers be left by a window in possible direct sunlight?

mini-29.jpg

The main entrance...

mini-30.jpg

mini-34.jpg

There was a nice little garden area in the centre of the building, complete with pond...

mini-35.jpg

mini-36.jpg

mini-38.jpg

mini-39.jpg

I guess no-one liked this painting enough to take it with them when they left...

mini-41.jpg

And one last trip back to the roof since the weather had improved a bit.
This is a view of Stevenage's Leisure Park...

mini-42.jpg

And a shot of the Stevenage Police Station, right opposite where we were... :mrgreen:
Behind that (L to R) is the Train Station and the Gordon Craig Theatre...

mini-43.jpg

There were so many more photos I would liked to have shown, especially the views from the top. But this isnt really what the forum is about so I've had to cut them right down.

Hope you enjoyed - ok it was basically an empty building, but I thoroughly enjoyed it, it was peaceful, with nice views and something from my home town :)

OMJ

AndySteele2646

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This is what the old Fujitsu STE09 building in Stevenage looks like now after it has been renovated and converted into 150 flats.