real time web analytics
Gaining access | General Exploring Chat Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Gaining access

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

UrbanExNorthEast

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hey everyone, I’m new to the forum and loving going through all the posts, so many amazing explorations, I’m hoping to get my first report up sooner rather than later.

I Know discussing how to access specific sites is against the rules which I totally get and understand, but I was wondering in general terms what are the rules of gaining access? Should you only access a building/site if you can do so without forcing entry? Or is it acceptable to use some force, if this is the case is there limits ie it’s ok to say loosen sheets of ply wood on a window but not ok to cut through metal Window security grills.

Cheers.

raisinwing

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I doubt anyone is going to specifically tell you what's acceptable as it's very subjective and down to the individual, I especially don't expect anyone to be seen to condone "breaking in" to somewhere.

You've got to weigh up what you personally think is acceptable, and obviously you've got to accept the potential risks/consequences if you do choose to push things further than simply walking onto a site. If you've just walked in or climbed through a window or something along those lines and you get busted, it's normally fairly simple to talk your way out of it. If you've clearly just ragged a board off or put a brick through a window then you're potentially going to be in a pickle.

At the end of the day, try and be "sensible" I guess, use common sense.

Shaun

28DL Regular User
28DL Full Member
At the end of the day, Breaking and entering is a crime and Civil trespass is not so only enter a building if there is a way in without forcing entry into the property.

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Also with buildings consider the usual safety stuff like asbestos, could there be homeless or mentally ill or drug using people in there, is there private security, rotten flooring, gaps in flooring. Legality is of course important, but so is safety.

UrbanExNorthEast

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Also with buildings consider the usual safety stuff like asbestos, could there be homeless or mentally ill or drug using people in there, is there private security, rotten flooring, gaps in flooring. Legality is of course important, but so is safety.

Yeah totally agree, access and legality is just one of many considerations